User since 10/31/01
 Chicago Cubs.. Where do we start
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,655 posts
TODAY @ 9:00 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
Good win! 
These 9th innings are playing havoc on my fingernails.
Imanaga was brilliant again. Lowest ERA in the Majors. What a pickup he’s been!

Go Cubs!
TODAY @ 8:50 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01
1 to ​0 Win.  Controversial double play to end the game.  Great pitching game.  Pca rbi
TODAY @ 8:50 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Drama at the end.....ticker can't take it!  Cubs win!!
Chicago Cubs photo by Gillespie
TODAY @ 6:03 PM
Direwolf66
PRO MEMBER User since 2/21/20
Get used to the analytics it gets better and you will be surprised how often it is the right call but as a fan it's frustrating as can be 
TODAY @ 5:29 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
This should make you happy Gillespie. Cubs going with their normal lineup for facing a RHP.
I’d like to see the offense get going early and often tonight. Sounds like we should start to see some of our players getting back in the lineup soon. Steele threw 3 1/2 innings in Iowa today.

Go Cubs!
Chicago Cubs photo by Zmaniac
TODAY @ 7:44 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
You’re right Gillespie. They always give the error on the throw, but it’s the first baseman’s job to get those throws. Baseball like every sport is not a perfect game and wouldn’t be much fun to watch if it was. Nobody is going to be perfect every time.
At some point you have to trust the players on your roster and use those players to try and get the advantage over your opponents. It’s not going to work every time and you learn from your decisions. 
Enough said on that game. It’s a new day and another chance for a win. Let’s all hope that the outcome will be better.

Go Cubs!
TODAY @ 7:29 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
My point Z, and I think you know it, is MLB always (ALWAYS), gives the error to the guy throwing the ball.  They never assign that error to the guy trying to catch the ball.

That loss is at least partially on CC and that BS analytics lineup and order he put together.  Just play your best nine!  And if you're only going to get a few hits put your best hitters together so you can maybe string some hits together for a bigger inning.

GO CUBS!
TODAY @ 7:20 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
I have to disagree with putting the blame solely on Swanson. Yes he should make an accurate throw, but not every throw is going to be perfect. It’s the first baseman’s job to make those hard catches. It happens multiple times in every game played. Saying that every throw should be perfect because they are professionals is like saying that every batter should get on base or every basketball player should make every free throw. It’s just not going to happen. 
I don’t think we’ll be seeing much of Wisdom playing first base until we gets a little more work in and can make the routine plays. He was only in the game yesterday due to the left handed pitcher they were facing. That whole lineup was put together for that reason. 

On to game 3 tonight. Imanaga gives us a good chance to win and get a game up in the series. They’ll be facing RHP Butto and we should see the normal lineup back in the game. 

Go Cubs!
TODAY @ 2:47 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Yes, Wisdom's scoop attempt was lame.  Why the manager has him playing first is also a question that needs to be asked.  But the error was on Swansby.  It was a routine ground ball with lots of time to get the runner and he can't even make the 75 foot throw to first without skipping it in the dirt and off target?!! Looked like Swansby was being too nonchalant in his efforts too.  It was costly.  The announcer blamed it on him not getting his fingers correctly on the ball/seams.  Well you're a MLB player, you throw balls for a living.  Make a routine play for gods sake!

Wisdom sucks.  Why is he, at a .167 average, batting in the 2 hole? Alzolay sucks.  Why is the manager playing them as much as he does, and in the situations he does?!  That was a winable game if we put a better lineup and position players out there......
4/30/24 @ 10:45 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Correct Z-man. never liked Wisdom despite his so-called strong plate presence. Looked like our team was just "going through the motions" tonight. Okay with that said, 2 more games with the Mets and then the show-down starts at home with Who? oh yea,the Brewers. GO CUBS!!
Chicago Cubs photo by chitowncrappieman
4/30/24 @ 8:57 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Wisdom sucked at first base. His overthrow to second cost a run and he should have picked the throw from Swanson. Instead he looked away like he was afraid of the ball like he’s in Little League. 

Imanaga going tomorrow. Hope they can get it going again 

Go Cubs!
4/30/24 @ 8:50 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Tough loss.  The Swansby throwing error was costly and Alzolay coninues to make me wonder why he is in the major leagues.

Only 4 hits and couldn't even string 2 hits together, ever.  Tauchman one of the best hitters on the team, should be in the 1 or 2 hole, not batting sixth.  This was a winable game, and the lineup and performance were subpar.
4/30/24 @ 5:40 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Did you get my message BBD?
4/30/24 @ 5:28 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
You’re not blocked on my end
I just sent you a message BBD and it went through 
4/30/24 @ 5:27 PM
bobber b down
User since 1/31/04
Z , I tried to message you? Seems like I am blocked???
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,655 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE