SEARCH
MORE
Fly Fishing

Brule

1/24/17 @ 8:23 PM
INITIAL POST
CNT
User since 7/14/06

Looking for some ideas to fish river this spring with my sons. Never been on it any information much appreciated feel free to PM me

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
3/1/17 @ 10:14 AM
Saronafish
Saronafish
User since 1/5/05

Make sure you go over the regulations good too. The Brule has some special rules when it comes to fish and just being on the river.

One that I know a fair amount of people get tickets for is glass containers. People seem to like to start little camp fires on the banks too. Make sure your on state land if you do that. I know the private land owners will kick people that do that off their property. Most people think the whole thing is public because of all the hammered down trails but there is actually a lot of private land that people use while fishing.

2/26/17 @ 8:21 PM
CNT
User since 7/14/06

Thanks guys for the info will keep my eyes on the flow.

2/22/17 @ 8:44 AM
Saronafish
Saronafish
User since 1/5/05

Brule isnt anything like the Lake Michigan streams. Way less fish and depending on the area you try there might be just as many people.

I usually spend opening weekend fishing at a buddies cabin that is right on the river. We mainly fish within about 400 yards up and down stream of his cabin so we know that half mile area really good.

Not sure when you plan on coming up but my best advice is to watch the USGS flow data online. If its over 250 cfs it is darn hard to fish and in my book is unsafe once it gets to 300 cfs.

2/20/17 @ 8:34 PM
BassGirl71
User since 1/18/17

What section of the Brule are you looking at fishing? Anything in particular? I have some connections up there with a few fly anglers. I might be able to get you some decent info if you let me know what part you're looking at.

2/18/17 @ 8:01 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

I would contact the Brule River Sportsman Club.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE