SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Ice fishing boots

1/13/17 @ 8:43 AM
INITIAL POST
moon-glo
User since 11/6/09

I need some recommendations on boots to wear for ice fishing.  I have a pair that I just bought that when you plan to go fishing, you'd better allow yourself at least a half hour to put on.  The friggin' liners come out every time you take your boots off and they have a leather tab on the heal that makes it impossible to put your foot back in the boot without someone else's help!  Not to mention they have a mile long bootstring on each boot.  I had this particular model boot for over 35 years and I was very pleased with them until I bought the new version recently that are made in China.(didn't know that until I got home with them)  Did I say they are a giant PITA?  Anyone know what I'm talking about here?

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
1/27/17 @ 4:15 PM
Walterchaser
User since 6/14/16

Muck arctic pro's have been phenomenal so far. I actually can't wear thermal socks most days or my feet will be too warm. Wore them in the hunting stand/ trouncing through the marsh and work well there too. 

1/23/17 @ 7:29 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

Another vote for LaCrosse.  I have a pair of Iceman's i bought 24 years ago.  Ive worn them on the ice, in the woods, milking cows, doing barn chores, etc. They are still as warm as they were the day I bought them.  I'd like to see another boot hold up after walking through cow manure and piss year after year.  

1/20/17 @ 5:17 PM
JAA On the Fox
JAA On the Fox
User since 6/4/11

http://www.lacrossefootwear.com/men/outdoor/winter/ice-king-10-brown-400g.html

Have fished in many times in - degrees with one pair of wool socks and have never had cold feet. Also stepped in 8 inches of slush and water with these and didn't get any water in my boots.

1/20/17 @ 3:31 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but if you are interested in Mickey Boots, IM me.  I have access to many of the black ones, sometimes the white ones.  About 1/2 the Black ones I can get are brand new depending on size.  Best price you will find, however shipping  could run 5-10 bucks though.

1/20/17 @ 3:08 PM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09

I have an old pair of LaCrosse Ice Kings that were made here in Wisconsin. The first pair I bought were so warm that some peckerhead broke into my truck and stole them . Look an Craigslist and eBay. I'm sure there are some out there. Maybe even a size 13 with sheet metal screws in the soles??

1/20/17 @ 11:46 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

Mickey Mouse boots are the best you can buy for late season bow hunting and ice fishing.  you can get water in your boots and they stay warm.  Any military outlet online store they range from 40-60 used.  I've bought many pairs over the years.  The used boots you'll never know are used.  

And ive never tied my MM boots...ever. Been wearing them for 35 years.  a pair last me about 10 years but I wear them for bird hunting too,  nov rut through Jan bow hunting,  ice fishing.  They can take a beating.  

1/19/17 @ 7:45 PM
9incher
User since 12/30/16

I will also vouch for the Mickey boots. I have the white ones and uncle has the black. 100% waterproof, no liners to deal with and very warm and comfortable.  Add some Katoola micro spikes and your set.

1/19/17 @ 5:12 PM
boattech
User since 12/22/04

Baffins are awesome boots.  Just slide them on and go!

1/19/17 @ 2:33 PM
Jeff74
User since 6/16/14

I second the mickeys. My cousin talked me into getting a pair and wow they are great. Got a really good deal on ebay off season. I highly recomend them. But they do run big in size, if you wear a 12 order a 11

1/13/17 @ 9:25 AM
Edge
User since 2/28/07
I've had Mickeys for 25 years. Best boot I've owned
Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE