MORE
Fishing Equipment

Confidence bait

5/1/17 @ 9:46 AM
INITIAL POST
crawriverrat
crawriverrat
User since 10/27/02

Whats your favorite lure?  The one you almost always have on no matter what?  I love the two smallest sizes of husky jerks in silver/black.  I have a buddy that almost exclusivly throws a #4 aglia in red and white.  No bucktail.  Whats yours?

Displaying 16 to 28 of 28 posts
5/5/17 @ 8:08 AM
stealthh20
User since 2/18/09

1/8 oz jig with a 4 inch creme worm. snap jigging.

5/5/17 @ 6:33 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Hook, split shot, and half a crawler.  I never go home skunked when I use this setup.  Catches everything!  And to those who don't use the tail end...I caught my biggest walleye ever on the tail end, so use both pieces!
5/5/17 @ 5:18 AM
J-theFisherman
User since 1/29/15

A small soft plastic, especially a mister twister grub. I will not go fishing without that lure. I've been fishing that simple lure throughout my entire life and its still one of my favorite and most used lures. It literally effectively catches almost everything and its so versatile. All the panfish and bass absolutely love them. They work great for walleye, and pike hit them often too. I've caught little trout on them, and even hooked up a steelhead once, and I don't fish for trout often or am very good at it. You can rig it a few different ways, with a jig head, weedless, dropshot, etc. You can jig it if the fish are deep, cast and retrieve it if the fish are hyped and active, work it slow on the bottom if the fish are finicky or slow, rig it weedless and fish it right in the weeds, etc. You won't be able to do all of this or catch as many species of fish with a crankbait, jerkbait, spoon, spinner, etc. The lure is a MUST have in the tacklebox.

5/1/17 @ 2:31 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

#11 origal rapala black and gold for stained water.

5/1/17 @ 1:13 PM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09

Out on the cranberry marsh I would throw a gold #5 Mepps Aglia red/ yellow, plain hook. All kinds of fish would come up and have a taste.

5/1/17 @ 12:58 PM
Timmothy A
User since 5/17/09

For gamefish and larger pannies, a home-made black beetle spin.  It catches everything.  I'll always throw this lure first and let the others try other things.  By the end of the day they are throwing these and I am experimenting.  

5/1/17 @ 11:17 AM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

It depends on what I'm fishing for.  If it's bass or northern I throw a chartreuse and white tandem willow blade spinnerbait.  For panfish a roadrunner jig tipped with either a minnow for crappie or wax worm for bluegill.

Displaying 16 to 28 of 28 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE