SEARCH
MORE
Dogs & Dog Training

Dog food

3/28/24 @ 7:13 PM
INITIAL POST
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11

I have a 11 year old female yellow lab. For many years now we have given her Purina One dog food. In the last 6 months, she has developed unbearable gas at times. Her last wellness checkup didn't show anything unusual except for a tick disease and not the Lyme's. Is it possible Purina made changes to their formula? Any recommendations for a better dog food to try? Anyone else experience similar problems with their dog? Thanks ahead of time for your reply!

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
4/2/24 @ 12:16 PM
Graceonpoint
User since 10/24/17
I think some of it is the aging process, every dog I've ever owned seemed to get more gassy as they aged.  Not much different than people.  It wouldn't hurt to try something else but mix it with what she's currently eating as you transition.  My vet  said to stay away from the boutique brands that litter the pet store shelves now.    He recommends Purina Pro Plan, Science Hill, and Eukanuba.  My 2 english setters that hunt a ton do great on Purina Pro Plan Performance 80/20 Chicken and Rice Formula.  ​
4/1/24 @ 9:58 PM
Joe D
Joe D
PRO MEMBER User since 3/21/05
We just started our 6 yr old GSP on The Farmers Dog 2 months ago. He cannot get enough of it. Eating far better than he did previously 
4/1/24 @ 12:14 PM
Swampman
Swampman
User since 7/23/01
American Natural Premium, been feeding it for years with no issues and they've never had a recall.

I use this for house dogs:
https://americannaturalpremium.com/product/original-recipe/

I use this for my hunting dogs:
https://americannaturalpremium.com/product/endurance-plus/

The Endurance Plus is high powered food, I raise and train beagles and they are run nearly every day.
If your not working you dogs often, I would suggest the original recipe.

Both are all life stage foods as well, no need for puppy food nor senior food.

Note, corn is a cheap filler and has virtually no nutritional value for a dog.
3/29/24 @ 8:03 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
My vet warns against grain free , it can lead to heart problems in dogs.
3/28/24 @ 8:29 PM
Julleye
User since 5/17/20
Try the grain free lines.
3/28/24 @ 7:32 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06
I cook my dogs food. 2 labs. Ground turkey, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, eggs. I add ground flax seed and bone meal. Try it out. Your dog will thank.
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE