SEARCH
MORE
Catfish Fishing

2017 Catfish Goals

1/13/17 @ 5:19 PM
INITIAL POST
Brad Durick
User since 3/31/16

I did this last year so what are your 2017 Goals?

Mine is to learn to be even more mobile with my new Minn Kota Ulterra.  I am new to using a trolling motor for catfishing in the river with the IPilot and spot lock.

Another goal I have is to build a new map with my AutoChart Live on my Helix 10.  I have used this feature before and it has changed my life as far as identifying spots and holes

About 10 years ago I came up with a pattern called rule of 3. I am finally starting to master this so I want to prove this pattern out so I can write about it and share the technique with other catters.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
1/24/17 @ 12:04 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

My goal is to keep about 120 channels for the farmers in my area.

Same bait, same spots...normal weather patterns it should take about 3 weekends.  Nothing more fun to catch and local boys around me love cats.  Cats for hunting permission...it doesn't get any better than that.  

1/21/17 @ 11:47 AM
Brad Durick
User since 3/31/16

I will have to try this. Not like leeches are hard to get.

1/21/17 @ 12:28 AM
BIGG400
BIGG400
User since 12/23/12

Using leeches for bait is very common on the Mississippi with the peak coming in June. The cats move into rip-rap areas for spawning and all you do is throw out a leech about two feet under a float and let the current do the work.

1/20/17 @ 5:06 PM
Brad Durick
User since 3/31/16

I hear the leech thing once in a while yet have not tried it.  Might have to throw an extra rod in and do some test driving.  Maybe do it when I am testing a new rig I came up with the other day.

1/20/17 @ 9:40 AM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

My goal for 2017 is to just plain and simple go more. Work really makes it difficult to get away and fish. I spent 80% of my free time trolling for salmon and trout on Lake Michigan, and for good reason. We had a heckuva year! Not spending much time in pursuit of the whiskered kitties brought on some rust on my part. I didn't spend much time at all scouting new areas or trying new techniques. I am hoping to wean off of the salmon just enough to have a more solid and productive cattin' year. I did discover that in the spring the larger cats preferred live jumbo leeches over the old stinkaroo sauce. Shrimp worked good too, but the leeches were much better. I was actually using the leeches in an effort to catch a few stray walleyes and the cats pounced on them. I will definitely add them to the arsenal in the spring.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE