SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

wife wants to paint kitchen green

2/16/12 @ 12:35 PM
INITIAL POST
yesdear
User since 5/29/04
ok guys:i think the wife is out of her rabbit ass mind !!!!!!!!!!! being i am laid off again , the wife says its a good time to paint the kitchen , and we have been going around and around over the color it should be .... and in my house we all know that after 30 years of marriage MY NO MEANS absolute NOTHING !!!!!!! now we also know i am not a painter and should probably not paint at all , so when i paint a room its going to be one color and one color only walls , ceiling , floors what ever.... now the wife has settled on Soft Mint Green !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! could use some tips on how to let her know , she is crazy with this green color scheme of hers !!!!!!!!!!!!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 45 posts
2/29/12 @ 8:52 PM
jchunter76
jchunter76
User since 12/12/10
Hey yesdear don't feel bad. I'm a painter and almost always the lady of the house picks the colors. Big Smile
2/29/12 @ 7:40 PM
yesdear
User since 5/29/04
OK its Green i feel like i am in a mint factory and i hate anything mint ... but i hope everybody is happy now ......... although roomer has it , the wife stood in the kitchen and was spinning around and around saying , i love it i love it ......... sorry for the spots on the camera lens , that i just back from my daughter , nice .............. oh ya: not sure where the dog photo came from ????????????? and one more thing the baby photo on the calender is my grand daughter ...........
2/29/12 @ 4:26 PM
Kodiakman
Kodiakman
User since 3/21/04
When it comes to stuff like this I just let her do whatever. It is so unimportant that if it means a lot to her. Go for it, paint it what you want. On the same note, when there is something I want, I get it probablly because of this. I let her make all the small decisions she wants to make. When it comes to something major though there is much more interest and debate if needed. Paint scheme in the kitchen I do not consider major. Buying a car I consider major. If it makes her happy, why not. Pretty easy to do.
2/29/12 @ 1:37 PM
woodrat
User since 1/12/08
My kitchen and the outside of the house is green. Kind of calming actually. Woodrat
2/29/12 @ 8:48 AM
TunaSlayer
TunaSlayer
User since 2/12/12
Sorry cant help you, my kitchen is green.LOL
2/29/12 @ 7:30 AM
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
You can come look at my orange kitchen...green won't sound so bad then.
2/25/12 @ 2:58 AM
waterwalker
User since 6/24/01
Will you ever sell the house? Just saying
2/21/12 @ 2:25 PM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01
It sounds like she broke the rules. She said that the kitchen needs painting and then determined the color and the time frame{ layoff} . That is a violation. Wives can tell you what to do. They can tell you when to do something. They can tell you how to do something but they can only choose one of the 3. Throw the flag! Mrt.
2/20/12 @ 1:13 PM
Walleye_Mark
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/03
when i am out fishing i can't see the kitchen. i don't care what color she paints it. the argument isn't worth it.
2/19/12 @ 9:25 AM
OUTDOORSMAN50
User since 10/15/09
"YesDear" Who are you trying to convince? Us or yourself??
2/19/12 @ 6:14 AM
Out_doors_guy
Out_doors_guy
User since 11/11/10
HAHA, I "put the pants on" one to many times, thats why I have an EX WIFE...lol Seriously, it's the kitchen, whats the big deal?
2/19/12 @ 4:02 AM
Kates_Always_Hunting
Kates_Always_Hunting
User since 4/15/11
Put on the Pants and tell her No!
2/18/12 @ 8:26 AM
flytrap2
flytrap2
User since 1/10/12
Paint the kitchen? Where is it? In all seriousness, the kitchen is the wife's domain, if she wants it painted go for it... hand her a brush and stand back, unless of course they ask for help.
2/18/12 @ 8:02 AM
roofer
User since 6/6/04
I got back from CANADA one year to a kitchen in SHERWOOD FOREST GREEN, yuck. But I wisely got used to it. When we built a new house I got an agreement to leave all walls white for five years. Times up, so I'm getting ready for something, just not puke green.
2/17/12 @ 6:44 PM
esoxtom
esoxtom
User since 6/16/04
After 30 years of marriage, she can't get too pissed at ya for saying she's out of her mind Big Smile Why not just agree with her, send her on her way to go shopping and paint it the color you want. Just make sure you have your boat packed up and your buddies at your house when she gets home. Give her a few days to chill and your all good. Cool
Displaying 1 to 15 of 45 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE