MORE
Boats & Motors

Custom Boat cover

6/3/15 @ 3:38 PM
INITIAL POST
MPOPP
MPOPP
User since 3/28/11
Anyone have a recommendation for a quality custom boat cover in SE Wisconsin. Need to have custom with Trolling motor and kicker. Thanks,
Displaying 1 to 15 of 22 posts
4/23/17 @ 4:21 PM
Salmo11
User since 7/14/15

Harken Canvas in Pewaukee. Did my 22' last Spring and turned out very nice. 

4/23/17 @ 7:24 AM
Grey Beard
User since 1/27/02

Just last year put on my third cover from Lohaus and couldn't be happier. Anyone who sees the detailing when working around my kicker motor, 4 downriggers and downrigger board typically remarks they are impressed. Buddy drove from Marinette for similar job after he saw mine.

Grey Beard

4/23/17 @ 7:12 AM
CHISEL
PRO MEMBER User since 6/19/01

Bought a different boat last year 17.5' tiller and had Lohaus make it. That was the second one he did for me in 25 yrs. Great job and cheaper than the other quotes I got by quite a bit, Really know his business. That's why he has been around so long, doesn't really advertise, mostly word of mouth and repeat customers. 

4/20/17 @ 8:32 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

Ace canvas in West bend would be my choice for a cover 

4/20/17 @ 7:19 PM
Shellfish
User since 7/19/03

Got my boat in 96.  Put Lohaus cover on in 97.  The same cover is still on and works great.  Kept outside all the time.  Extra teepee cover for winter.  Just starting to show a little age.  A little fading. I can still tow at 70mph and never have a snap come loose.  They get a good price but you get a great cover.

4/20/17 @ 5:19 PM
Goosecaller
User since 7/21/01

Mid-State Upholstery in WI Rapids. Nice custom covers.... Cover snaps onto boat with snaps installed by them.

4/20/17 @ 2:36 PM
czar1
czar1
User since 7/2/09

Any new info on boat covers. I'm in southeastern wi, but visit the central wi area very frequently so any info on that area could be considered also. I need a snap on with snaps being installed on the boat also. 18 foot 05' lund adventure fisherman.

2/5/16 @ 10:57 AM
Duane Willman
User since 2/4/16
Hi I own... Cover It All in Wausau wi. All of my work is custom. Please go to my site and check me out. www.duanescoveritall.com Thank you Duane
8/13/15 @ 11:50 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02
Lohaus did mine 5 years ago. Have had a few snaps break from user error which he replaced for a more than reasonable cost. I'd use him again in a heartbeat.
8/13/15 @ 11:41 AM
Maximus
Maximus
User since 9/21/01
Just had 17.5 Competitor done by Mid-State Upholstery & Canvas, Inc. in Wisconsin Rapids. I highly recommend you check them out.
8/10/15 @ 1:46 PM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01
Anyone know of a place to get some heavy duty straps for a tarp? I had a couple replaced and they were not heavy enough and they need to be replaced already. Thanks. Mrt.
8/9/15 @ 7:08 AM
Shellfish
User since 7/19/03
Put a Lohaus cover on my boat in 1996. The cover is still tight and snug. I have not lost a single snap on the cover. Still can trailer the boat at 70 with no flapping or billowing. Laid the cover out on the driveway the other day and scrubbed the heck out of it with a stiff brush and hot soap water and it looks almost new. You pay a little extra but in this case it is worth it. Shellfish
7/18/15 @ 5:26 PM
WAXMAN
WAXMAN
User since 6/18/01
Fountain of Youth did mine. Chuck and his crew did a great job. They even cut out for the rope anchors,and gas tank.They used velcro to seal the anchors and tank cut outs. You will not be disappointed.
7/16/15 @ 11:59 AM
DR12
User since 7/16/15
Depending on what level of custom you need check online. I bought a "custom" boat cover from www.northstarcovers.com for about $450.00 and had some modifications done to it for about $120. Didn't have to drop off the boat which was nice.
6/5/15 @ 11:57 AM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04
Lohaus Covers in Cottage Grove is the best in my opinion. He will be more expensive, but his covers are worth it. He uses a material called Top Gun which is great. Ace makes a good cover too, but a little shy of the covers from Lohaus. Ace will be cheaper though. Either one would be a good choice.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 22 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE