SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

110 volt on board charger

9/24/14 @ 10:22 AM
INITIAL POST
rmba
PRO MEMBER User since 7/1/10
looking to buy a 110 volt on board charger for my trolling motor, any brands better then other. And what should I look for in a charger?
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
9/30/14 @ 8:42 AM
muskie nut
muskie nut
User since 6/26/01
Most on board chargers are either 2 or 3 bank chargers, meaning they charge 2 or 3 at one time. If you are only doing 1, I think you can use a low amp charger (like 10-2 amp/5 per bank) and put both wires on the one battery to charge at a 10 amp rate. If you get a 20-2 amp charger (10 per bank) that might be a bit much much to charge at a 20 amp rate when connecting both leads to the one battery. The problem with charging at a high rate is that it will boil over the wet cell battery. Seen this many times when someone uses a 6 amp (or better) charger without a trickle option on a motorcycle battery, boiling the cells dry.
9/29/14 @ 9:44 PM
JMKC
User since 6/19/01
wwwPowermania.com
9/27/14 @ 5:26 PM
STEVE L
STEVE L
User since 4/19/02
I've owned 2 Minn Kota on-board chargers, nice units that never failed me. Guest brand is popular, they are great to have.
9/26/14 @ 11:01 AM
rmba
PRO MEMBER User since 7/1/10
Sorry yes 12volt for trolling motor battery, just one battery for now but thinking about adding one. I am not looking for the one that connect to the outboard alternator .
9/24/14 @ 5:56 PM
muskie nut
muskie nut
User since 6/26/01
Charger for your trolling motor???? I think you mean charger for your batteries. What kind (gel or wet) and size of batteries are they and how many do you have that you need to charge at one time? Also batteries come in 12V, not 110V so you are not looking for a 110V charger. So I am guessing that you need either 2 or 3 bank charger which is rated in amps and all chargers run on a plug in at 110V. I have not dealt with any for some time (didn't need to), but I'm sure with the info you provide someone can help you out.
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE