SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Need a trolling motor

3/18/19 @ 1:31 PM
INITIAL POST
Lunker-Abduction
User since 6/12/13

I picked up a 2007 16ft Smokercraft side console with a 50hp last fall off the lake-link classifieds.  I need to put a trolling motor on it.   It currently has an electric Anchor and I dont have any use for that. 

I have literally no time right now to research it, order on line and wrench on this myself due to work.   Where is a good place to put a trolling motor on this boat?  My initial though would be Bass Pro or Cabelas. 

Im near the Fond Du Lac or Chicago area OK

Thanks for advice.   

Displaying 16 to 21 of 21 posts
3/18/19 @ 10:17 PM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01

Saw Fleet Farm had a  Minkota  55 lb. thrust  12 volt with auto pilot which would be fine for your boat. Priced  at  $725, I have that model, bow mounted on my 18' Crestliner with 60 hp., handles it o.k., battery lasts all day. Give you something to think about.............

3/18/19 @ 2:16 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

You wired for a 24 volt trolling motor, or 12?

On that boat, you may be able to get away with a 12 volt, but if you really use the trolling motor, 24V would be the way to go.

I like the Terrova.  Not a cable drive.  Can work it with the foot pedal or with a remote.  Spot lock is a great feature.  If you get into it, you can even link with a Humminbird locator.

Try Cabellas or Bass Pro.  See if they can install it.  If not, check with a local boat dealer and see if you can get pricing similar to Bass Pro/Cabellas and have them rig it for your boat.

But yah, Terrovas are nice.  Very easy to stow and deploy.  Love not being tied to the cable drive foot control, too.

Displaying 16 to 21 of 21 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE