SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Minnkota thrust issue

4/29/19 @ 2:45 PM
INITIAL POST
JKenny
User since 6/25/10

Anyone every have their minnkota trolling motor run with half thrust on full power?  I had mine out yesterday and it worked fine but seemed to run at half thrust.  Looking to suggestion on it the pedal is the problem or if something else is wrong. Thanks I’m advance. 

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
5/19/19 @ 11:19 AM
SkiLLz4GiLLz
SkiLLz4GiLLz
User since 2/4/09
Noticed last night trolling motor was struggling,here's the reason why.. 
5/2/19 @ 8:05 AM
Shellfish
User since 7/19/03

looks like you have received lots of info which could solve your problem.  After you clean your battery post, which you should do every year.  Make sure you put a diaelectric grease to the terminals.  This will reduce the chance for further corrosion.

Have you tried a different battery to see if the same problem occurs?   If the problem occurs with a different battery, the battery is likely removed from the equation.

Good luck on solving your problem.  Let us know what you have found.

Shellfish

5/2/19 @ 6:13 AM
Grey Beard
User since 1/27/02

Clean your terminals with a wire brush. Small amounts of corrosion can limit current flow.

Grey Beard

4/30/19 @ 8:42 PM
BassHawg
User since 4/30/19

1) Check Voltage at Battery. Also inspect/replace fuse and or circuit breaker on that circuit/receptacle.

2)Remove prop and inspect propshaft for line/weeds.

3)Try another buddy's foot pedal.

If steps 1 and 2 check good and step 3 has same result, you may have water in lower unit. Good Luck!

4/30/19 @ 6:18 AM
Graceonpoint
User since 10/24/17

I'll second what Gillz said, when I had issues it was from fishing line.

4/29/19 @ 5:41 PM
SkiLLz4GiLLz
SkiLLz4GiLLz
User since 2/4/09

Have you taken off your propeller and checked to see if anything is wrapped around it? I had an issue a few years back,had it running at 10(max speed) and wasn't moving very fast. Got home pulled off propeller and had fishing line and weeds wrapped around on the inside of it.

4/29/19 @ 5:09 PM
JKenny
User since 6/25/10

It's a 2016 55lb thrust 12v power drive v2.

4/29/19 @ 3:53 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Is it a 12 or 24 volt TM? What model and how old?

4/29/19 @ 2:49 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

The pedals are known to have that issue. Not sure if minkota ever resolved that problem or not. Eventually the pedal fails and you have to buy a new pedal or solve it some other way

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE