SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Lithium ion battery's

4/23/24 @ 2:50 AM
INITIAL POST
Sawayn33
User since 3/18/24

Has anyone come across reviews of Dakota lithium-ion batteries? I'm uncertain about their level of American production, but I tend to avoid Chinese-made products. I'm in search of a TM battery and a smaller battery seeds for a Garmin 93sv, though I'm contemplating upgrading to a larger screen.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
4/26/24 @ 12:50 PM
Darin - Lake-Link
Darin - Lake-Link
PRO MEMBER User since 5/17/01
Check out https://ampedoutdoors.com/ They are out of Wisconsin and never heard anything bad about them.
4/24/24 @ 6:12 PM
Wally Pike
User since 3/16/21
Jabberwalker
Thanks for the clarifications, it's been a minute or two since I was digging into the new stuff. That said, still happy with my US assembled batts. The also offer a veteran discount, might be for LEO/EMS too.
4/24/24 @ 9:07 AM
Jabberwalker
Jabberwalker
User since 4/21/04
One of the problems when people talk about lithium batts burning up is the quality of the assembly.

Don't confuse Lithium-Ion batteries with LiFePo4's. Phosphate-based batteries offer superior chemical and mechanical structure that does not overheat to unsafe levels. Thus, providing an increase in safety over lithium-ion batteries made with other cathode materials. When subjected to hazardous events, such as collision or short-circuiting, they won’t explode or catch fire, significantly reducing any chance of harm. It’s also worth mentioning, LiFePO4 batteries are non-toxic, non-contaminating and contain no rare earth metals.
4/23/24 @ 7:04 PM
Wally Pike
User since 3/16/21
All the "components" of a lithium battery are made in China. Dakota Lithium batteries are also assembled in China. Battle Born (Reno, Nevada) batteries are ASSEMBLED in the US in Reno. One of the problems when people talk about lithium batts burning up is the quality of the assembly. Battle Born are a very good build quality and have great customer service with everything coming from Reno. Compare Dakotas to Battle Born. I've had two 12V BB's for three years now, no issues, very happy.
4/23/24 @ 1:34 PM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01
Last year, I bought a 20ah lithium battery from Amazon (Vestwoods, I think) for $50-$60.  I used it to strictly run 2 Garmin 93 units.  It worked great and it held up well for a few days of fishing.  My voltage always looked good, but I never ran it until I was out of juice.  When open water was done, I made a power box with usb and 12v outlets and used it all winter ice fishing.  Worked great.

I guess we'll see how many years I get out it, but so far it seems like a decent buy.
4/23/24 @ 12:21 PM
mendota
PRO MEMBER User since 12/19/01
The cells in every lithium iron phosphate battery are all made in China.  

I will point out that you can buy cheap lithiums for about 1/3 the cost of the Dakotas.  So if you get 4 years out of them, you are ahead.  And the construction of many of them is equal or better, in my opinion.
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE