SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Boat wipe down??

4/23/19 @ 5:30 AM
INITIAL POST
hashbrown
User since 7/20/09

What do guys use to wipe down their boat and motors?  What kind of spray is good for the water and for aluminum boat and plastic covers on motors?? And do you use a special towel or sham??  Thanks in advance!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts
6/1/19 @ 12:38 AM
Bass Pro
Bass Pro
User since 12/21/05
I really like using Lemon Pledge! It removes all the spots, leaves a spectacular shine, and smells nice!
Boat wipe down?? photo by Bass Pro
5/31/19 @ 3:42 PM
toyman2k
toyman2k
User since 5/15/02

70 % water 30% vinegar in a spray bottle leaves no residue or water spots.

CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP.  using it for many moons on Aluminum

5/4/19 @ 9:20 AM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15

I use PUR it removes all of the hard water spots. I am not sure for use on Aluminum.  It is great on glass boats. I use Lucas oil Speed shine on my boat after and I can wax my boat in twenty minutes or less. 

5/3/19 @ 5:44 PM
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

RV wash and wax, comes in a spray bottle.

5/3/19 @ 11:55 AM
EYE_SKI
EYE_SKI
User since 3/26/19

yes sir.. vin/water!

5/3/19 @ 11:01 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Yep I second the vinegar and water solution, works great

4/25/19 @ 9:21 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

I use Ducky water spot remover and that works well. Per the other posts on this thread, I will try the vinegar and water solution and see if it works as well.  

4/23/19 @ 1:10 PM
Quester
User since 1/28/07

Same as Stratosman said!

4/23/19 @ 8:27 AM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

I use Mothers California Gold spray wax. Just wash boat and when its dry spray this on and wipe it off. I use it on truck , car, 4-wheeler, boat , you name it. It is awesome. I just did my boat yesterday. I do it once or twice a year depending on where I go. It's like $7 a bottle at Walmart. A bottle last's me a couple years.

4/23/19 @ 7:32 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

Same here. Been doing for many years.

4/23/19 @ 7:22 AM
Stratosman
User since 3/31/06

A solution of 50/50 water and vinegar in a spray bottle will take off all water spots after use. No need for special products been using this for years and my motor looks brand new. I just use a clean cloth towel you could use a micro fiber towel also. Great solution for cleaning car window, boat sonar screens etc...

Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE