MORE
Bass Fishing

General Bass Fishin' Discussion Thread

1/15/07 @ 9:28 AM
INITIAL POST
Fish Boy 35
Fish Boy 35
User since 1/14/05
Just figured i would start this tread for any one who may have questions pertaining to Bass fishing or wanted to brag or share info on bass!!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 4,347 posts
12/11/17 @ 6:15 PM
Fish Boy 35
Fish Boy 35
User since 1/14/05

Can't believe this thread is still around! 

4/1/16 @ 1:16 PM
skeeterbite
User since 4/12/14
New 2016 Major League Fishing Challenge Select starts sat from Youngstown,Ohio.
3/24/16 @ 6:32 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04
Green pumpkin and black/blue, the only 2 colors ive needed! I do like sexy shad cranks though! That color just seems to be always good.
3/24/16 @ 3:57 PM
skeeterbite
User since 4/12/14
Interesting read there Skitter Pop. I remember some of those facts on how the colors on the chart change as the depth increases. Answers why blue/black are good choice in stained and deeper water. But i will try more reds, oranges, yellows and green in shallower stained waters this season and see how they do. I've also used uv tightlines plastics, not alot. But their part of my equipment. Again i'm a sucker for plastics.
3/22/16 @ 8:59 PM
skeeterbite
User since 4/12/14
MLF championship this saturday, cant wait.
3/11/16 @ 2:14 PM
skeeterbite
User since 4/12/14
Read a article in march bassmasters on the color green,"50 shades of green". In green colored water all colors are absorbed and green reflects. Meaning you would use green in green water. So i would think that would work the same way in other colored waters, like more brown colored, right ? Usally i always throw a black bait thinking it was a contrast to the surronding water and done well. Any thoughts, thnx.
3/10/16 @ 3:32 AM
skeeterbite
User since 4/12/14
Biggy8, i only got to watch the summit cup series and didnt seem him fishn. Didnt get to see any of the summit select series. I did check the standings for the select series and didnt see his name. Maybe he sat this season out. Looking forward too Summit Cup Sudden Death Round 2 this sat. Anyone watchn MLF All Angles on WFN ch ? Its extras n interviews with some of the anglers. Used the zoom brush hog last year flipping, like it, did well with them. Gonna try some new stuff this year with swimbaits.
3/9/16 @ 2:56 PM
Fish4Musky
Fish4Musky
User since 6/18/13
Can't beat a 5" senko's wacky rigged or as a trailer on a 1/4oz-3/8oz jig. I like natural colors of green/brown for the Madison chain. Did decent in a tournament there with that a few years ago. Also a Texas rigged Zoom brush hog with same weight/color. Pitch around docks and breaklines. Especially if you find the spots with rock/weed transitions. Got bite off by Muskie doing this also lol. Drop shots were popular also for the small mouth.
3/9/16 @ 7:55 AM
biggy8
User since 5/5/15
So, anyone know why Michael Icanelli didn't fish in the MLF this season?
3/9/16 @ 7:53 AM
biggy8
User since 5/5/15
So... anyone know why Michael Icanelli is not in this season of MLF? He has ads for Basscat boats every episode, but didnt fish..?
3/8/16 @ 2:37 PM
skeeterbite
User since 4/12/14
I watched the weigh-in live sunday on bassmaster.com. TV schedule is for the 19 on espn2. Would like to have been there. They make a big show of it. Reel exciting !
3/8/16 @ 12:58 PM
Tommy Howell
User since 7/11/11
Haven't seen any TV coverage this year. I assume ESPN will have something?
3/6/16 @ 11:03 PM
skeeterbite
User since 4/12/14
Congrats to Edwin Evers in winning the Bassmaster Classic. He was my choice to win. He had it coming and worked and fished hard to win.
3/3/16 @ 11:12 PM
skeeterbite
User since 4/12/14
The ultravibe speed craw from zoom was one of my go too's last summer. I can pitch it or use as a trailer, lotta action. One of my must haves is the swim senco from gary yamoto. Drag it weightless over scum n let sink in openings and pinch the tail end off for a goo trailer.
3/3/16 @ 10:02 PM
skeeterbite
User since 4/12/14
Yes, i like the pit boss too. Just picked up some for this year. Looking at the drop dead craw too. Tacklewarehouse carries those. Chris Lane uses them. I'm a sucker for plastics. Most are designed to hook the angler n not the bass. All pretty n cool colors n actions, it works cause i buy them up ! lol. I like strike king alot. They have the coffee scent to help mask human scent. So i couldnt just have five types. But i do have favorites.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 4,347 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE