SEARCH
MORE
ATVs

2003 Arctic Cat Atv’s opinions?

4/26/19 @ 7:42 AM
INITIAL POST
Cambridge
User since 3/21/14

A friend is looking to sell a older 2003 arctic cat 500. It’s in awesome shape, really low miles. 

Do any of you have a history with an older machine like this? I believe it’s got a Suzuki engine.  I’ve read a few reviews that are not very kind to these atvs...mostly the suspension..

anyone have one of these? Like it? Any problems?

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
4/27/19 @ 1:34 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Funny he had problems starting. My 2000 500 Auto starts great in cold weather. There is a primer on the carb to reach down and prime when its cold pops right off. It has been a good machine and a workhorse. Yes it has a straight axle and much better suspension is now available but I own both Polaris and Arctic Cat and the cat has been a good machine.

4/27/19 @ 8:46 AM
Lastcastmaybeknot
User since 4/20/16

My friend used to have one from early 2000. Not sure on the year but I am sure that a quad that doesn't start when cold out is very useless to haul with to go ice fishing a mile or two out.   Seamed like a nice unit when it started but it didn't start at some very key times.  I would think something with Arctic in it's name would be able to start when it's 15 degrees

4/26/19 @ 11:20 PM
dodger
dodger
User since 9/3/01

I would buy my 2003 Arctic Cat 4X4 400 all over again. This has been an awesome machine. It gets used for plowing, ice fishing including pulling a permanent shack around, running bear baits, getting to my hunting stands and garden work.  

I put a 2500 lb. Warn winch, 60" plow and deep lug aggressive tires.  It's the perfect combination for everything I want to do.

The best part of the Arctic Cat 4X4 is the maintenance cost. I'm diligent about oil changes and I take it in every two years for a tune/check up to the AC dealer.  The cost for service has only cost me $900 and change for 14 years of service. Knock on wood it keeps going for another 6 years. 

I'm very careful with my machine. It's stored inside a garage/shed and it's never been abused.

Maybe I got lucky but I wouldn't buy anything except an Arctic Cat. I definitely got my moneys worth and continue to get my moneys worth.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Dodger

P.S. I will try to post a picture if I can find one.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE