MORE
Archery

Rest for browning Midas ocr4a

1/22/17 @ 8:57 PM
INITIAL POST
theimer
theimer
User since 12/11/05

I need a rest that can get close to the riser. I believe originally one of the plastic rest that attach to the riser was on. A whisker biscuit rest was put on but can't get it close enough to the riser for the bow to shoot correctly.

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
2/22/17 @ 9:24 PM
theimer
theimer
User since 12/11/05

I put the flipper rest on and paper tune it. It shoots good now. This bow is very capable of killing a deer. I have full confidence in it. 

Thanks for all of info.

2/20/17 @ 8:48 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

Chuck - when you find a compound that doesn't have berger holes let me know.

Back to my post prior.  You have one of two options.  you buy the little flipper rest so she can shoot the bow as intended (basically a rest they use on a recurve).  CS is just off the riser.,  shoot the bow for what it's designed for.  It's a finger bow... If not,  buy a new bow or you'll be chasing your tail.

I have an old martin that I intended on giving my kids.  had it in the basement for a while they I realized that too.  it's 18 years old,  intended to shoot with fingers.  it was shot with a release but has the old school rest on.  it will be selling it to someone,  a kid i'd image for carp or something.  I want my kids to run a WB or something full capture and it will just be jerry rigged if I put something else on other than whats intended.

2/11/17 @ 2:48 PM
standard_lengthy
standard_lengthy
User since 6/8/07

I'd get your wife a new bow. Would you want to go out in the wood with something you weren't totally confident using? Or make a bad shot and loose a deer ? That is what stops people from hunting. You can always sell it on Craigslist. That would be like your wife cooking you a shitty steak just to see if you like it. Sort of. It sounds like you might also need an upgrade too.

1/25/17 @ 12:02 PM
chuckc
User since 3/21/14

Is the riser drilled and tapped for a plunger type system ?

1/25/17 @ 8:13 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

I'd do the flipper simply because it's a finger bow.  the riser is different on them and the center shot is set to be literally 1/4 to a 1/2 inch off the riser.  you can make something work...a prong will work but the sight is going to be way out.  I'd just buy the cheap little flipper or whatever you want to call it if you want it correct.  I have a little high country in my basement that is the same way.  I was my mom's bow but now it's for my kids when they grow into it.  I think it maxes at 45 lbs.  

1/24/17 @ 6:22 PM
theimer
theimer
User since 12/11/05

Thanks for the replys.

its my wife's old bow. She wants to start bow hunting this year. Before spending good amount of money on a bow. I would like her to hunt a year or two to make sure she likes it. 

I found my old hostage and same problem. I forgot I have a prong type rest. I'm going to try that next. If that doesn't work. Then buy a flipper rest that screws in.

1/24/17 @ 12:00 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

the bow must be a finger bow.  you have no choice but to put an old school rest on it.  otherwise your center shot is WAY out of wack.  Or just get a rest and put it as close as you can and move the sight.  I'm assuming this is just for a kid to shoot and not hunt with.  Bowtech makes a cheap rest called the Octane that will work fine too but will not have enough windage to get as close as you need it to be.  

1/23/17 @ 9:03 AM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
User since 5/29/06

Most pictures of that bow online show it set up with a prong style rest.  Depending how much more room you need, a Hostage rest might work.  I remember the Hostage having a smaller bezel which would give you a little more lateral adjustment.  

I might even have a Hostage around here somewhere I could send you if you wanted to try one out.  I swapped one out for a Whisker Biscuit on a bow I bought for my wife. Fair warning, the Hostage is a knock off of the Biscuit and seems cheap. 

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE