MORE
Archery

CWD

4/17/19 @ 5:10 PM
INITIAL POST
C-Junkie22
C-Junkie22
User since 11/16/10

http://m.startribune.com/outdoor-enthusiasts-support-cwd-bounties-program/508699042/

Without being an A**hole, any thoughts on this?  We do not all have to agree on everything but we need to understand that we as hunters/conservationists need to work together to protect our resources.

Displaying 46 to 60 of 66 posts
4/18/19 @ 3:04 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

fltlndr - Glad I'm not the only one thinking that.  

4/18/19 @ 11:25 AM
fishgodwi
User since 7/28/10

I guess i just dont see the need for any dumpsters at all? Y spend $ on dumpsters when they can spend the $ else where for something more important. Dont we all pay for garbage fees in some form or another. When u get done cleaning the animal, put in garbage can and set out to the curb. That's what i do.

4/18/19 @ 10:05 AM
fltlndr
User since 12/25/02

If they want to look for cwd they should pick up all the dead deer along the roads. They wouldn't have to pay no bounty.

4/18/19 @ 9:15 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

It shouldn't be called a "bounty".  Freaking idiots around here will be dressing up in Rambo clothing and poaching deer at night for the money.  Hope this one has CWD,  BOOM!  Quick,  shut the spotlight off!!

I mean look at those freaking idiots that just got rung up in Waupaca,  poaching deer at night over two years,  over 60 deer they figure.  Plus a 150+ incher,  his pic was all over social media.  Great job dude,  way to get it done on opening weekend.  I love seeing big deer shot with the bow.  Just to find out the F'n loser is a poacher and shot that with a gun at night.

4/18/19 @ 9:08 AM
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

I voted no on this proposal, as I thought it was not cost effective.  IMO, mandatory testing in affected areas and providing carcass disposal dumpsters would be a better use of funds.

4/18/19 @ 8:56 AM
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

No cure for CWD, several groups are claiming progress towards finding one.

4/18/19 @ 8:20 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17
related, but unrelated at the same time.. did anything ever come of that conference where the guy stated there was a cure for CWD? Or did that prove to be inconclusive?
4/18/19 @ 7:57 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I find it hard to believe that people will be shooting more deer because of a bounty.  My guess is that after guys shoot a few and get nothing back because their deer are negative, they'll be back to their normal grind.  People wouldn't shoot them before, don't see that changing.  People don't buy expensive hunting land to shoot all the deer off in the hopes of a few dollars.

I'm sure its mostly to get more data on CWD and get more people to test in general.  Once they can prove its in every county they can implement bans statewide easier.  I feel like that's the main underlying goal of it.  

4/18/19 @ 7:14 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

I was at the Washinton County meeting and this question and the baiting question received the most comments. I beleive everyone who commented on this topic were not in favor of the bounty approach. Personnaly I would like to see the state spend more money on adding dumpsters to each county.. If you beleive the science and prions stay in the soil for years then removing possible CWD animals and carcass from the landscape would seem to be a more effective approach. As we all know there are alot of varying opinions on CWD and how or if we should make efforts to combat. I just do not believe a bounty system is the way to go but it did get more "YES" votes...  

Displaying 46 to 60 of 66 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE