MORE
Archery

Bow hunting 2017 reports

8/25/17 @ 12:35 PM
INITIAL POST
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

I thought I would get one started! Countdown days- success-failure-sightings-- anything bow hunting related!! Bear season close and counting down the days to deer season!! Good luck in 2017!!! Casey

Displaying 16 to 30 of 299 posts
12/22/17 @ 7:00 AM
Brother of the brush
User since 1/22/12

Common Man, 3 deer can make a whole lot of tracks in week old snow.  May have to plant a food plot to pull em off your neighbors land..lol

12/21/17 @ 11:01 PM
blackbrd
User since 1/9/07
Thats what happens with non stop gunseasons not as many big bucks in the u.p. but most arent nocturnal either. If there are any big ones around theyll be on their feet next week. I really loved to hunt wisconsin until they had 6 gun seasons.
12/21/17 @ 9:44 PM
common man
User since 6/17/12

Hunted north of 29 today with 5" snow on ground. Tracks everywhere but deer nowhere. Walked for an hour to warm up...got too warm but saw nice single-antlered buck hopping away. Not much one can do 'bout it with bow in hand. Where do these animals go during day? Tracks have to be from nocturnal activity only.

12/20/17 @ 12:54 PM
Chris Dewolfe
PRO MEMBER User since 1/4/17

3 squirrels were the excitement of the morning today. Super quiet in the woods. 

12/19/17 @ 5:28 PM
Chris Dewolfe

I sat Sunday night. Had 2 does 2 fawns all under 20. May sit tomorrow morning and Saturday. If nothing happens those sits I guess I'll be out after the anterless hunt for the last week. Not giving up on my first bow deer yet. 

12/17/17 @ 10:27 AM
Chris Dewolfe

Sat last night, saw 3 fawns and a doe. A doe and fawn came out right at dark and there's been a decent 8 that's been following them for the last week so thought he would be around. One deer circled downwind and busted me at the same time so it could of been him. Lots of movement Friday night on the camera. Going to head out from 11 to dark tonight. 

12/15/17 @ 7:12 PM
big mac
User since 2/19/02

Heading out tomorrow morning to bow hunt in Clark County. Looks like the weather will be nice. Overcast & low to mid twenties. 

Big Mac 

12/11/17 @ 8:25 AM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Got out yesterday morning.  Saw two early 80 yards away and that was it.  Thought they would move, should have been there Saturday night-parade of does.  Oh well.  Get out a few more sits yet.  Still hoping.  Not much for bucks on camera.  Strange.

12/7/17 @ 11:44 AM
JEYESLAYER
JEYESLAYER
User since 2/8/06

Second rut is happening right now. Seen a spike chasing a doe yesterday while spoke pole hunting!

12/3/17 @ 7:07 PM
beachcomber II
User since 12/7/13

my son had our resident 4 pointer chasing a doe the last sat. nite of gun hunting. last nite dec 2nd  i got a picture on camera on another doe at 5:15 pm. didnt see any smokepoling today. 

12/3/17 @ 4:48 PM
7thson
User since 6/4/06

Casedog , don't know what part of the state you hunt but, I expect another round here in northwest Wisconsin around the 10-15 of this month . 6-10 days after this full moon . Not because of the moon but, all sign I'm seeing as well as past experience here makes me think /wish I was in the woods for it !! Once again , bucks are roaming and new rubs are appearing !

12/3/17 @ 12:35 AM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

Anyone seeing any signs of a second rut?? Wish I could be out there again but it ain't looking good until almost xmas!! I like to hear about any deer hunt because there always there own adventure!! I have nothing against cross bows but I hope I can stay vertical until I am 70!!! Awesome job and awesome story!! Nothing better than a vertical bow face to face under 20 yard kill! So much has to go your way!! It will always be my personal game of chess to get as close as possible to the most majestic animals in the woods!! God I'm already missing sitting in a tree and it hasn't even been a week!! Totally addicted to climbing a tree with a vertical bow in tow on public land and have deer walk right under you and not even know your there!! That's what gets me up in the morning!! Every hunt for me is a challenge!!

12/2/17 @ 7:28 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Had. Doe come in at 730 this morning.  Rusdhed the shot, hi tt shoulder blade.  4 inches tops of penetration.  Had two more does come in an hour later but opted to pass.  Tracked that morning and back this afternoon.  Not much blood at all and then stopped.  Mistake many have made.  Even with a fast bow, bad results may follow.   Saw three more doe and a small buck too this morning

11/30/17 @ 10:29 AM
lookn
lookn' 4 PnY
User since 7/15/05

7thson, great job and very inspiring!  Stangl, once again great bucks that area looks really nice!

11/29/17 @ 1:11 PM
jlkohl
User since 6/9/02

Another shout out to ya 7thson...kudos to you!

Lookin...one heck of a mulie you got there. Deep forks, all around awesome buck!!

Displaying 16 to 30 of 299 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE