SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

wondering about an albino deer in spooner/potato lake area

12/4/14 @ 4:23 PM
INITIAL POST
BigBuckHunter87
User since 12/17/07
Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody had any information on an albino deer. I was hunting about 4-5 years ago on the public land around potato lake outside of spooner. One night when I was bowhunting I had a pure(I mean pink eyes white hoofs) albino buck come in. He was an 8-10 pointer, very dark thick rack, small tines, nice spread on rack. It was the greatest thing I have ever encountered bowhunting. He also came in the next night also. After that I have never heard or seen anything about him. Being a pure Albino this is as rare as they come. Iv'e always wondered what had happened to him after all these years. I couldn't shoot him cause he was pure, and yes I would have cause he was only 15 yards away. Big Smile any info would be appreciated
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
3/31/15 @ 6:39 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09
Pretty sure a deer is a deer. I do know it's is not legal to hunt them. Wondering
3/30/15 @ 2:18 PM
Badgerloader
User since 4/10/11
Griz: Can you use your regular venison recipes for albino venison? ??
3/30/15 @ 10:05 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09
Growing up in the area, many times seen albino deer in fields close to m and a intersection. Once there were two in the field high on the hill. Smile
2/24/15 @ 10:46 AM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03
Any luck finding that elusive deer yet? Rumor has it ol one eye got skunked on the big deer hunt this year so I doubt he got it...heard he fell out of his tree stand this year in a drunken stupor glad he's ok
12/4/14 @ 9:48 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03
I think I remember seeing that deer once he was in a tall fenced refugee area that a family from Janesville hunts periodically...usually there so drunk they don't even make it to the woods though...I remember one year a member of there party was staggering around with an eye patch on at one of the local saloons strangest thing I've ever seen
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE