SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Sawyer County game fishing opportunities

4/16/14 @ 9:44 AM
INITIAL POST
alumalunker25
User since 9/21/12
I'm working up near Hayward/Stone Lake with the days getting longer I have a little free time after work to wet a line... Being from Madison area I'm used to fishing the Wisconsin River as soon as the ice goes. Is the Chippewa River open to walleye year round? I read the regs and it doesn't say it isn't so I'm wondering. If not is there an rivers near by that are open to walleye during the spring? I don't care if its only catch and release as I have no way to keep fish anyway(staying in a hotel). PM me if you like. PS pic is of a 29in that went just over 10lbs from a few years ago. Thanks
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
4/24/14 @ 7:13 AM
alumalunker25
User since 9/21/12
Thanks for the help guys I guess ill just have to wait.
4/18/14 @ 7:05 AM
land man
User since 9/12/06
Lunker- The way the regs work is every water is CLOSED for game fish right now unless otherwise noted. In general, the only waters open for game fishing are rivers that were historically so polluted that no one kept any fish. Since no one kept the fish, they opened the seasons year round. Now the rivers have been cleaned up, but the regs have not been changed (too popular). Sawyer county does not have any historically polluted rivers.
4/18/14 @ 6:54 AM
utahman
User since 3/9/03
Nothing is open for game fish anywhere around here.The only open water fishing would be on the Namekagon river, or the Chippewa. Sucker fishing should be started, but access is bad now with all the snow. Stinnett landing on down to trego park is really good just find a deep hole or a back eddy and use a sliding rig with a half crawler and let it sit.Keep the bait in the break between the main current and the back eddy.There is a little dam called billyboy 3 miles east of G2 you could try also.No bait on the Nam between the canoe landing in Hayward to the Washburn county line. You can use bait from the Hayward dam to the canoe landing but I have never caught anything there.
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE