MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

Spring Hearings

2/22/12 @ 4:28 PM
INITIAL POST
Working Retrievers
Working Retrievers
User since 5/12/03
Hi guys For you guys that attend the spring hearings I'm asking for your support to question #68 to eliminate the 50% concealment rule when hunting from a boat. In Licoln County last spring I submitted a Resolution for this and it passed. It is now up for a statewide vote this year. This will open up alot more shoreline and still allow hunting in or near emergent vegitation without the 50% rule. Another one is the expanding open water hunting on 10 lakes that will be up for a vote this year also. Thanks!
Displaying 46 to 60 of 84 posts
4/9/14 @ 7:46 PM
samfox
User since 3/17/09
Swans No, Sandhills Yes, we pay crop damage on these, Stamps No, Statewide trolling No, 2 hens No,
4/9/14 @ 3:07 PM
MuskyHunter
MuskyHunter
User since 6/17/01
Winnebago County is at Webster Stanley Middle school in Oshkosh. Quite a few people buy stamps to collect. I collect them myself. Getting rid of them will also end a lot of these people simply buying the stamp for those collections.
4/9/14 @ 2:04 PM
ditto
User since 12/6/10
I have to disagree with the "hunting and fishing" stamp. The way it is the money goes towards things the stamp is for ie. great lakes stocking or inland trout stocking. Making it just one stamp how would they know where the money should get divided up? It would also cost us more. I don't inland trout fish or pheasant hunt but I would essentially be buying those stamps as well. I have no desire to donate to stocking game farm birds. What I would like to see is getting rid of the turkey stamp and just raising the price of the turkey liscense. Why do we need to buy both if they are both required? It's not like people are buying just the stamp to collect, in fact can you get an actual stamp anymore?
4/9/14 @ 11:54 AM
bufflebeek04
User since 11/29/09
Does anyone know where to vote in the Winnebago CTY area? Thanks
4/9/14 @ 10:38 AM
MuskyHunter
MuskyHunter
User since 6/17/01
No amounts have been determined to the general hunting stamp. If I can see a break down that would show what % of money would stay in waterfowl habitat I would consider it but I do not want my "duck" money going to deer hunters. It's a good thought but with poor execution.
4/9/14 @ 8:04 AM
Andrew Mack
Andrew Mack
User since 1/22/12
Please vote YES for the hunting and fishing stamp proposal. The amount of additional revenue generated is well worth it.
4/8/14 @ 8:41 AM
MuskyHunter
MuskyHunter
User since 6/17/01
Don't forget next Monday the 14th at 7pm. Support added opportunity with swans and 2 hen mallards. Vote down the hunting stamp. KEEP THE WATERFOWL STAMP!
3/27/14 @ 9:53 AM
Reel Finny
User since 6/21/07
Went to the site and sure enough,Patricia Randolph at it again. Sadly,she seems to have a following .
4/27/13 @ 11:18 AM
Shad
User since 8/27/01
I questioned the open water hunting especially on Native American Lakes specifically indicated. I questioned since if this was ratified, would this allow us to hunt on these tribal lands open water as we can not hunt anywhere else as indians do not allow? The question I raised was not answered, ,merely told possibly? I hope people watch these people in power as they want sole and absolute power to change, ratify as they see without any approval except the closed door!!
4/9/13 @ 6:55 AM
snipe n
User since 9/10/07
Had an anti gain a two year post at Dane County. 217 to 215 talking about every vote counting. Three year post survived a close call by a 30 vote lead. We had 7 questions for next year posed. All by anti's, one was to prohibit any dogs to be used in hunting. It may have been just dogs that run bear, and other animals. Voted no on all 6 and got out of there and home at 11pm. Sad
4/8/13 @ 10:42 PM
USMCwis
User since 7/24/08
Had a friend who missed Milwaukee Was it that bad???
4/8/13 @ 10:27 PM
H20  DOGS
H20 DOGS
User since 1/5/05
Makes me sick seeing all the tree huggers at Milwaukee.. They have no clue!!! Glad I am moving on... Smile
4/8/13 @ 10:08 PM
MuskyHunter
MuskyHunter
User since 6/17/01
Dont worry. Im back for 2 years!
4/8/13 @ 10:05 PM
crobar
User since 6/19/01
Attended the meeting in Milwaukee co. tonite . Roughly 275 attended. With the amount of grey haired older ladies in attendance can you guess who they voted in as county delegate, 137-125 ?? Meeting ended at 9:15 Only controversy involved hunting wolves with or without dogs.
4/10/12 @ 10:04 AM
crobar
User since 6/19/01
I have been attending meetings since the mid 70's, and with the new format went to check it out ,Milw. Co. Big co-olition there from the Green party. Voting was close,but none were voted in. Biggest surprise I saw was an EX Milw. lawyer in attendance. I'm sure I know who he voted for. Most of them left right after the CO. delagate vote. Paul Smith of the Journal was also there. Otherwise it ran pretty smooth left around 10pm. To bad our votes didnt matter much, just advisory.
Displaying 46 to 60 of 84 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE