MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

2015 Spring Snows

2/26/15 @ 10:04 AM
INITIAL POST
Tsquare86
Tsquare86
User since 5/10/10
Our hunting group will be making a Mid March trip to South Dakota in search of some epic pass shooting on Snows. For all of you who have done this before, please feel free to add your comments, thoughts, and experiences from previous years. I went a few years ago and am looking forward to another fun trip.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 18 posts
3/26/15 @ 3:08 PM
Goosecaller
User since 7/21/01
Looks like any post that names the outfitter got deleted...... Really? Angry
3/26/15 @ 1:15 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04
Sucks
3/25/15 @ 3:48 PM
SLM
User since 1/10/07
From what I was told the 2 guys in the truck were seen in the area and is the only lead he has. Could be the theives but no one is getting 150 full bodies in the back of one pickup.
3/25/15 @ 3:38 PM
Team Death Wish
User since 10/27/09
They drove up to the spread after hunting hours. The info on vehicle was tip / lead who took the dekes.
3/25/15 @ 2:11 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04
I agree... Were they sleeping? lol! Is it legal to set and forget, or did they hook up a trailer and just drive off....
3/25/15 @ 9:15 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
how did this happen??
3/24/15 @ 9:03 AM
Team Death Wish
User since 10/27/09
Alert to all hunters!!! On 3/22/2015 There was 2 younger guys in a White Chevy with MN plates that where in the area of Yankton SD jump shooting birds. They drove up to my buddies spread and stole over 100 avian x full bodies and over 50 GHG full bodies. Please spread the word. Thanks,
3/22/15 @ 12:14 PM
Tsquare86
Tsquare86
User since 5/10/10
Day Three, we came home! More outfitters chasing birds than flocks of birds. We really struggled to find birds on the ground, even using the GFP hot zone maps. You know it's tough when you see the same 7 outfitters chasing birds around just as much as you are and you're road hunting! We did manage to get some sneaks in on day three (early am), but all of them resulted in us being busted either by other hunters (busting the flocks off the ground) or by the birds themselves. Had a great time and plan on doing it again next year with better luck and a solid snow line.
3/20/15 @ 9:24 PM
Tsquare86
Tsquare86
User since 5/10/10
Our outfitters put us on 20 birds during day 1. Day two we put ourselves on 1 bird... Hoping day three we can make up for it!
3/18/15 @ 4:24 PM
Tsquare86
Tsquare86
User since 5/10/10
Correction, we worked out a one day deal with FirstFlightFinishers. I'll report our results tomorrow night.
3/4/15 @ 12:22 PM
Tsquare86
Tsquare86
User since 5/10/10
No outfitter, our trip is planned around road pass shooting and sneak hunting where/if possible. Last time I was out there we ran into an outfitter that had a free day, so perhaps we'll end up in the same position.
3/4/15 @ 10:20 AM
Goosecaller
User since 7/21/01
Tsquare, sounds like you are doing the right things. The WHOLE thing boils down to timing. If the birds are there and you are in the right field, you will have an awesome time. Snow goosing is a blast. Have fun! (What outfitter are you with?)
3/3/15 @ 4:36 PM
shedhunter
shedhunter
User since 1/28/08
was out there this past weekend, just a dusting of snow in the eastern part of the state, should start to be some birds showing up soon!!!
3/3/15 @ 11:42 AM
Tsquare86
Tsquare86
User since 5/10/10
Doing what I can to make this Epic. 1. Patterning various BBB loads @ 50 yards. 2. Improving my pure tungsten reload (hand carried the pellets from china for a good cost) fro 60+ yard kills 3. Cashed in my travel rewards for a go-pro style camera. 4. Magazine tube extension!!!
2/28/15 @ 12:06 PM
Red Ratso
User since 1/12/08
Making a trip to South Dakota the end of march. Would like to hear some input from others as well.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 18 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE