LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

2014 South side season, EVERYONE READY!?

9/30/14 @ 8:03 AM
INITIAL POST
breal
breal
User since 10/12/10
Let's build up the excitement, everyone ready? Trying anything new, equipment, guns, places, etc.... How early you getting out opening morning, what are you bringing for breakfast, lunch? Are you starting out with a big spread of decoys or holding back, maybe 6 at most? Any newbies first season?.........I'm pumped, counting down the days. Big Smile
Displaying 1 to 15 of 18 posts
12/2/14 @ 9:24 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10
I can't believe it's days away from the end already. As they say, "Time flys when your having fun". So sad,.... I almost was going to use one of those stupid yellow tear faces. But anyways. I'm gearing up for a extravaganza. I'm going to scout, watch rivers, lakes and fields for the next three days. Hopefully putting together one hell of a closer? Good luck to those that's going out this weekend.
10/5/14 @ 9:03 AM
nubbz07
User since 12/31/09
If anyone has an open seat in their duck boat/blind this week let me know. I would love to get out. Could trade for Winnebago walleye or perch fishing. Pm me thanks guys!! Smile
10/4/14 @ 6:34 AM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01
Wood ducks beware !! Mallards are also welcome... Smile Here we go. Season opens at 9am. Trouter
10/3/14 @ 10:59 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10
Just sitting in my shop, lookin over the boat one last time. I think?...I am finally ready. Time to go in and grab five hours of sleep, then off and running. Good luck to all. Drake here is a pic of one of the blocks I have. I got it from a family that owned a duck hunting cabin (four generations), on hickory lane, on bago.
10/2/14 @ 9:31 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10
Drake, how do you know the decs are from that time period? What features, material, paint, etc. do you look for to determine a age. I have a couple decoys, I would like to know how old they are.
10/2/14 @ 6:08 PM
flyguy329
User since 1/25/06
What excites me the most about the year is having too many waterfowl areas. My public areas are great producers....I since added quite a few private areas.....Sounds like a good problem to have!
10/2/14 @ 4:28 PM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
User since 3/14/03
Bring it! If a new set of decoys I ordered don't show up quick here, I'll be checking on the tracking # and possibly be making calls for discounted shipping. Never been an issue with this company, so fingers crossed!
10/1/14 @ 5:45 PM
phowlsant
phowlsant
User since 2/25/12
Haven't been able to hit a dove or goose worth a lick. We ll see the ducks do...
10/1/14 @ 4:35 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
well atleast you Yankees will have better weather than the north opener, 50 and rainy/cloudy/windy.... goodhuntin all and be safe!
10/1/14 @ 4:16 PM
DuckHunter52
User since 9/30/14
I'm definitely ready for duck season! I got everything ready scouted my duck hole a week ago and got the boat ready. Seeing good numbers lots of teal & wood ducks!
10/1/14 @ 8:25 AM
Foundry Rat
User since 1/21/10
I have everything ready except the decoys, the canoe, the duck bag, mojo, paddles and all the other stuff. Doh! I'm so far behind I can't hear the band!
9/30/14 @ 4:56 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10
O' hell yeah, I'm ready! Truly,....not so much, but I work best under pressure. I could be ready even if it was tomorrow morning, if i had to be. And I still wouldn't have the p!zz poor attitude as some do here. Come on fellas it's duck season! I still gotta dig the decoys out of the garage attic, change the oil on the hyper drive, finish up the dog hole in the blind (I am excited to have a dog in the boat again, been two seasons with out), build new mojo poles, find a couple boxes of rounds, fix the trailer chains, and ........ I'm sure a couple other things. Otherwise I'm going big, big spread, big breakfast (egg sandwiches and browns), hot ham for lunch. I can't wait!
9/30/14 @ 12:48 PM
870man
User since 2/13/02
lets see, decoys on the garage floor. Deciding to either bring the Benelli SBEII or Browning A-5. Daughter wants to hunt from opening to noon,then off with her friends to great America. Told her she is cracked to spend time with her friends than her dad duck hunting on the opener. shells all over the floor in the living room...camo clothes hanging on the dining room chairs...yep, I'm ready! Tounge Out Big Smile
9/30/14 @ 10:17 AM
GROUPER
GROUPER
User since 12/6/02
Get out early only to have some goof set up 60 yards downwind from me. Sounds about right, can't wait.
9/30/14 @ 10:02 AM
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09
Am I ready, lets see, boat trailers got one flat tire, oil is out of the mud motor, decoys are still dirty from last year, broken lines and weights. Haven't cleaned the gun, dog has the squirts, haven't practiced any calling,( I'll wait until 8:45 to start practicing), clothes are still wadded up in a bag put away wet from last season. YES SIR! We are good to GO!!! Wink Big Smile Have a GREAT time Sat!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 18 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE