SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

head lights on duck/carp boat

4/20/14 @ 10:51 PM
INITIAL POST
bassfreak_202
User since 4/8/10
hey there guys, im looking to put some head/flood lights on my duck/carp boat. just wondering what you are using. looking for any ideas you might like to share thanks for your help.. Cool
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
4/29/14 @ 9:18 AM
SHEEPD0G
SHEEPD0G
User since 5/22/12
Great choice on the rigids. I run a 10" e-series spot/flood combo and it's stupid bright, easily worth the $300 I paid for it. When it comes to lights, you get what you pay for!
4/28/14 @ 7:39 AM
4 reel
4 reel
User since 12/9/10
Did you mount and wire them, How do they appear to work? Are they more of a flood or a beam.
4/25/14 @ 10:50 PM
bassfreak_202
User since 4/8/10
thanks for the help ended up going with the ridged d2 series Cool
4/23/14 @ 8:27 PM
VioHolda22
VioHolda22
User since 2/19/13
When I first built my duck rig I spent a lot on the paint job and wiring, so I had to go kinda cheap on the head lights. Ended up just purchasing some LED fog lights from Fleet Farm for like $30. After installing them they looked super bright in the garage but as soon as I got on the river, udder disappointment. They wouldn't even light up the bank from 15 yds away. So the next season I really did my research and decided on a set of 27w LED fog lights designed for off road trucks. The price I paid was around $60 for the pair on eBay. I absolutely love them, on the river they light up the entire channel, bank to bank, for 100 yds. On the lake I can start seeing the approaching shore from probably 200 yds away. Do a little research to see what will work best for your application and remember if they don't list the watts, candlepower or lumens they're a piece of junk.
4/23/14 @ 12:59 PM
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09
A good spotlight comes in real handy for a whole lot of reasons, as previously posted. Depending on your set-up for carp shooting/taking a front frame/ deck off for duck hunting, you may want to look at the new LED lights. They run cooler, and the amp draw is significantly less. You could easily set this up with quick connects on the wiring so that when you take your carp deck off, you can mount the lights on the front of the boat and just plug them back in and you are all set. Just a thought.
4/23/14 @ 9:03 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10
I may have missed the specific question. Are you asking about, just basic headlight setups? I apologize if so, for the long winded post. Lol. Again, pocketbook! check out a couple catalogs/websites Cabelas, go devil, mac's, etc. I started with a pair of fog lights from a automotive store, then purchased beavertails set up. Those got stolen. back to the cheapos. again I would spend less money on headlights and purchased the best handheld spotlight you can buy.
4/23/14 @ 8:27 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10
Tough task your trying to accomplish. I feel it would be impossible to have one system work for both. Yes it would be great to run across the marsh with a carp shooting set up on front lighting up the way. But thats a lot of extra weight, wear and tear on equipment, and more to hide. And I feel unnecessary. A pair of fog lights on front and most important a good spotlight in hand, all you need for duck hunting. Again a GOOD SPOTLIGHT. I see guys use just the mounted lights on front, angle changes with speed, cant see to the sides, and you cant see the inside of corners when turning. Then your the guy that blows through my decoys. A spotlight in hand!.. As for carp shooting, its what works for you and your pocket book. There is a endless list of options. I run a pair of 4' LED's called (wall washers) and a extra battery. Not even close to the perfect setup, but works good for 2 guys, dont have stuff hanging off the sides, and not the extra weight of a generator. (I bow fish more for the scouting a new hunting spot opportunities) so if necessary i still can go deep. I have them mounted to a SS bracket that I welded up, so It fits over my fog lights. 4 bolts, easy on and off. Good luck, keep me posted if you find something better.
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE