SEARCH
MORE
Upland/Small Game

2014 Pheasant Season

9/3/14 @ 12:11 PM
fishdaily
fishdaily
User since 4/3/03
New dog will be a 1 yr and 7 months old for this season. Im super pumped for this year!! He has trained well and has stamina for the all day hunts out west and grouse up north. Plus I still have an Eleven yr old veteran for the back up and re assurance!!! Come on 3rd weekend in OCT!!! or Grouse season, or Oct 4th for quackers!!!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 206 posts
9/10/15 @ 3:32 PM
silvrbck
User since 6/29/04
That rooster was rabid. I'd go back, catch it and quarantine for 10 days. If it dosen't die from rabbies your safe and full.
9/8/15 @ 7:30 AM
lilygirl
User since 6/20/06
I usually hunt in the southern part of the state. Dane, Jefferson, Waukesha counties. The public hunting grounds get very busy though!! Like I said I would drive a little ways if I could find a less congested spot especially opening day.
9/7/15 @ 6:50 PM
Troy Stoeger
Troy Stoeger
User since 4/2/02
Where do you hunt Lilygirl? I can help a bit with east central WI as well.
9/6/15 @ 10:22 PM
flyguy329
User since 1/25/06
Where do you hunt? I would share some info on central if you are near. One place I hunt is packed...What Ive learned.... 1. If I remember right noon is start time. Nobody hunts 1.5 hours after. Theyve either gotten bird or given up because "they just dont stock them." Point is, go for late afternoon hunt. 1 and done type of hunting and it doesnt take long. 2. Get away from the crowds.....Walk a little...Im always amazed at all the ditch hunters....they stay within 100 yards of truck....then again sometimes Im that person and have good success....
9/6/15 @ 5:44 PM
lilygirl
User since 6/20/06
Looking forward to the 2015 pheasant season with my dog. Opening day has always been so crowded at the public hunting grounds I go to. Wondering if anyone knows of public grounds that may not be as busy and still are stocked with birds? Would drive a ways if I could find a decent place to go. thanks
3/25/15 @ 9:04 AM
rk_diver
rk_diver
User since 8/18/03
I hadn't put the frontline on the dog yet so I left he home, original plan was to take her for a run. But I figured there'd be one tick out and it'd find her so I left her home. Glad I did though, she would have killed the bird but may have gotten some spur damage in the process. Didn't realize it until I'd gotten home that the bird did get some pecks through the jeans, drew a little blood four times, looks like little vampire bites!
3/23/15 @ 11:18 AM
Kutt
Kutt
User since 6/30/09
I would have drove him home meet man's best friend.
3/23/15 @ 10:09 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
wow that's insane, luckily he didn't get near your face man those spurs can do some damage.
3/23/15 @ 8:12 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
That video is crazy. I think he was mad at you for shooting all his buddies. I think you better hunt somewhere else by fall he might be better trained at attacking.
3/22/15 @ 10:52 PM
cabinbum
User since 4/1/10
lol, nice.
3/22/15 @ 2:08 PM
rk_diver
rk_diver
User since 8/18/03
Drove by one of my hunting spots Friday, saw a rooster alongside the road. Grabbed the camera and started video taping, expecting to get a shot of him flying away. Instead... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljzjyBo8dlU
12/26/14 @ 10:17 AM
watspan
User since 8/3/12
no birds produced this am from Rock Co PHG. Can't beat the weather though, nice am for a walk!
12/20/14 @ 5:34 AM
krausen77
User since 10/15/09
Only a short amount of time left for the season. Anyone willing to let me tag along and photograph your hunt? I will provide free digital copies of all photos taken. I live in Burlington so looking for a hunt in Racine, Kenosha, or Walworth Counties. Just send me a PM if you would like your hunt photographed. Thanks
2014 Pheasant Season photo by krausen77
12/19/14 @ 4:47 PM
dcsnick1
User since 4/8/08
Managed 1 in a short 2 hr run. Bird didn't want to fly so my girl caught it. Got a good pic of her on point though.
12/15/14 @ 4:35 PM
watspan
User since 8/3/12
nice 45 degrees in mid-Dec! Chip w/ a pair of Monday morning roosters
Displaying 1 to 15 of 206 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE