MORE
Turkey Hunting

1st time deep frying a turkey

6/29/15 @ 2:18 PM
INITIAL POST
kayakguy86
kayakguy86
User since 7/22/11
I'm looking to try a new recipe for turkeys. I have all of the meat cubed into 1" cubes. My plan was to put some McCormicks seasoning on them and drop them into a deep fryer for a few minutes. Has anyone ever deep fried turkey when it wasn't a whole turkey, or have any good seasonings you would recommend? Thanks!
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
7/21/15 @ 12:51 PM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02
I make what I will turkey strips. Cut the meat into strips 1"X3-4". Marinate over night in BBQ, Italian dressing and or whatever seasoning you like. Roll in Frying Magic or whatever breading you like then into the grease until golden brown. I like to get them into the fryer with HOT oil as soon as I bread them.
7/6/15 @ 9:20 PM
gobbler
PRO MEMBER User since 6/30/01
I,'ve done the same with shore lunch and were also chewy,no skin, I found better way was to marinade,wrap in bacon and grill and flip till bacon is done
7/6/15 @ 11:24 AM
kayakguy86
kayakguy86
User since 7/22/11
Thanks IGOR. I made it last night and I plan on cooking more the same way. I used 1 breast and ended up with about 30 cubes of meat. I used McCormicks breading on 1/2 and some Kellogs crumbs on the other half. Fried them at 375 for about 1.5 minutes. The seasoning was good but the meat was a little chewy. I think I need to pay more attention and cut against the grain next time.
7/2/15 @ 7:50 AM
Igor
User since 6/20/01
I tried a couple of breasts, with the skin on, and the results were so-so but that could have been my fault. My only concern would be that it could dry out the cubes because when I did the breasts, and spot that the skind didn't cover turned out like crispy bacon. Good luck!!!!!
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE