MORE
Turkey Hunting

2015 spring turkey season reports

3/27/15 @ 9:34 PM
INITIAL POST
Jesse Quale
Jesse Quale
User since 1/25/09
Hey guys Saturday the 28th @ 10am any permits still remaining for all zones go on sale. One permit per person per day.Resident $10.00 Nonresident $15.00 you must already have purchased your spring turkey licenses to buy extra tags. Big Smile Big Smile Guys looking to book a spring turkey hunt in zone 1 or 3? I have a few openings left. I have lots of land to hunt in both zones. Both private and public land. We have been out the last few weeks checking hunting spots over. Lots of birds around with the mild winter. Couple of the areas we have been hunting for years with good sucess. Big Smile Big Smile These pictures are from 2014 spring turkey season in zone 1 and 3 Big Smile
2015 spring turkey season reports photo by greenwaterwalleye
Displaying 61 to 75 of 111 posts
4/22/15 @ 9:15 PM
wet-net
User since 1/8/03
Zone 3 hunted most of the day never saw a bird.
4/22/15 @ 6:37 PM
Timmer72
User since 12/26/06
Zone 2 in Outagamie County. Set up on a corner of the woods and field. Lots of gobbling off the roost. Heard at least 3 maybe as many as 5. Had hens everywhere. 5 different were within 10' of the blind. In 15 years, I've never heard hens as vocal as this morning. They walked right next to my hen & jake decoy but could care less. Saw at least 3 different Toms. Had a pair of them that wouldn't leave a group of hens for over 3 hours within 100 yards. I passed up an iffy shot at 50 yards. Didn't want to take the chance of hitting hens. Eventually another Tom came out of the woods and the other 2 scattered but in the wrong directions. This Tom eventually made it my way only to have me miss at 40 yards. Still wondering where I went wrong there. He ran into the woods and came back out 15 minutes later. Didn't miss this time. 22 lbs, 3/4" spurs and 2 small bonus beards. My first multi bearded turkey. Guess I have to go back to work now. Good luck to everyone. Be back at it in periods 5 & 6. Hopefully I can put my kids on some birds.
4/22/15 @ 4:18 PM
kayakguy86
kayakguy86
User since 7/22/11
Went out this morning and saw 2 lone hens, didn't even hear a gobble. The field I was hunting had several turkeys in it the past 2 mornings, so I'm assuming they just stayed in the woods today with the wind/snow. Thought it was deer season this morning with the weather. Back at it again in the morning!
4/22/15 @ 2:29 PM
Jesse Quale
Jesse Quale
User since 1/25/09
Done by 7am today adams county public land. 25 1/2 lbs 1 inch spurs with 2 beards. Lots of toms around. Hard part is trying call the toms away from the hens. I will be back out this weekend with 2 clients in zone 1. Big Smile
2015 spring turkey season reports photo by greenwaterwalleye
4/22/15 @ 9:56 AM
Lickey
Lickey
User since 8/29/12
Went out this morning and heard virtually no gobbling. Not surprised with how windy it was. Saw 0. Will be out again over the weekend.
4/20/15 @ 11:11 AM
prusta81
User since 1/19/09
Hunted hard Saturday, April 18 in Zone 2. Started out the morning hunting the edge of the woods in a ground blind about 150 yards from the roost with 3 hen and a 1/2 strut jake decoy. Called a few hens in but no toms. There was some, but not a lot of gobbling on the roost and very little once they hit the ground. We started running and gunning around 10:00 AM and saw quite a few toms cruising but we always seemed to be about 100 yards behind them. Eventually we setup after lunch around 3:00 over a cut bean field where we saw quite a few birds cruising in the morning. We were sitting up against a tree with the same decoy spread and about 20 minutes into our sit a tom showed up. He danced around about 70 yards outside the decoys but finally committed and came straight in towards the jake decoy where I was able to take him at 26 yards. He weighed in 23.5 lbs and had a 10 1/4" beard with 1" and 7/8" spurs. Toms were not vocal at all but responsive to our calls and decoys. We did not see large flocks of birds together, they seemed to be broken up (at least later in the day). Here is an unedited video of the tom approaching. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r38uFdipgNY
4/19/15 @ 10:36 PM
Unreel
Unreel
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
Hunted hard for 5 days in Lafayette County. I put in 47 hours in the blind. The toms were just not coming to the decoys or calls. If the hens would come into decoys, the toms would hang back out of range. The jakes would come right in. I counted 14 opportunities to whack a jake the first day but I wanted a tom. Granted some of those were the same birds that came back at different times of the day. Lots of gobbling every morning, although their location varied. Less birds on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. After seeing the toms avoiding the calls and decoys, I set up in a new spot this morning. A hen was dragging 2 toms to an area where she was taking a dirt bath. Saturday they were there at 10:30am. So high hopes this morning. I ditched the call and the decoys and got settled in. I saw the 2 toms and 1 hen where they flew down into a creek bottom/flat. They worked their way towards me and on the way they hung out for 30 minutes 10 yards from where my blind was for 3 days. Of course. After watching them from 6:45am to 8:20am I was offered a shot. 22 lbs. 1 inch spurs and 9.5 inch beard.
4/19/15 @ 9:16 AM
BROWNING 1972
User since 2/10/12
Yesterday morning lots of gobbling on the roost . Had one coming from a good thousand yards running and gobbling but there was a road half way in between and guess what a car comes puttering down the road and changed his mind, Crying At 8:30 a lone tom walks silent out of a CRPf field about 150 yards out and curves his way around, at about 40 yards I pulled the trigger as it looked like he was going to leave. 23 lbs. 1 1/4" spurs, 10 5/8 in. Beard. First time on new pivate land Jefferson county.
4/19/15 @ 7:40 AM
yelptom
yelptom
User since 4/12/15
Absolutely no gobbling this morning but called another lone hen last night so that's three lone hens for the weekend so far...moved the blind in a thicket where there scratching so we shall see... been a weird 1st season the gobblers seem non existent Dull Sleepy
4/18/15 @ 8:25 AM
yelptom
yelptom
User since 4/12/15
It'd been a tough season so far for me...very little gobbling in the morning and silent during the day with no sightings other then two hens I called in the set!!! Had two coyotes in the field this morning that doesn't help! I know persistence kills bird so gonna stick it out
4/17/15 @ 8:41 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
That is an awesome experience you will never forget Grandad. Congradulations on your bird but thanks for the great story. I can just see that tom thinking ( I don't think so im outa here!)
4/17/15 @ 4:54 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09
I had a BIG boss hen attack my decoys (4) for 2hrs!It took her an hour to DESTROY the first one,she pecked it grabbed it by the throat and choked it and twisted it into a pretzel before she figured out how to pull it off the stake and stomp it flat. She then attacked each other decoy until they were squashed flat!I have been Turkey hunting 26 yrs. and NEVER witnessed anything like it! I was hunting with a Bow and a nice Tom came by out of range and took one look at her and ALL the DEAD decoys and just walked away! The next day using NO decoys a nice 23 lb.Tom bought the farm,but to be honest the Hen experience is what I will remember about this season!
4/17/15 @ 11:46 AM
yelptom
yelptom
User since 4/12/15
Called in a hen at 9 and with all the talk between me and her i.can't believe we didn't drag in a tom
4/17/15 @ 10:50 AM
eyeslayer007
eyeslayer007
User since 1/27/14
Went before school today, very few gobbles! When driving back i stopped and yelped at a spot and one hammered back... To bad i was already running late. Good luck to those of you going tomorrow.
4/17/15 @ 7:10 AM
yelptom
yelptom
User since 4/12/15
Very little gobbling this am.... I'm hoping they start some time later this Morning
Displaying 61 to 75 of 111 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE