SEARCH
MORE
Turkey Hunting

2014 Turkey Pics

4/11/14 @ 5:49 PM
INITIAL POST
cutnstrut
User since 4/27/11
Its that time of year again. Lets see those pics! Good luck to all!
Displaying 46 to 58 of 58 posts
4/18/14 @ 2:12 PM
Capt. Matt Raley
Capt. Matt Raley
User since 12/7/02
Had a pair of kids out over the youth weekend. Did my first scouting of the year Friday afternoon before and was pleased to see lots of turkeys out, even more visible than usual for my area right away in the spring. Lots of lone gobblers and patches of birds around. Had my pick of where I wanted to hunt. Decided to start the hunt where 2 toms were with about a doz hens trying to leave one large patch of birds alone so they can break up before I hunt them. Had a pair of kids that one was his first hunt, and the other was his 2nd. Last year he came out and killed a bird the first morning too. I couldn't predict we would get both birds since we just had one gun along but it all came together. Called in both right off roost; shot the first, the 2nd ran just 50yds, swapped out kids in the shooting chair, called the 2nd back in and tapped him too. Great shooting by the kids! A fast hunt since it was over by 6:30 am on Saturday. One of the quickest doubles I have had.
2014 Turkey Pics photo by quack kills
4/18/14 @ 9:53 AM
Jesse Quale
Jesse Quale
User since 1/25/09
Hunted zone 3 in adams county today. Done by 8am. Lots of birds gobbling all around us. Called 1 tom in 20 yards but the brush was thick and gary couldnt get a shot. So we moved 2000 yards west to a another tom and he came right in strutting to the decoys. Big Smile Big Smile
2014 Turkey Pics photo by greenwaterwalleye
4/18/14 @ 9:34 AM
14ftdown
14ftdown
User since 3/3/04
My sons first bird. Second year hunting. Had to quit at 10 AM. This jake came in at 9:30. I think he's finally hooked. Can't believe he made the shot he was shaking so bad.
4/18/14 @ 7:28 AM
SB XT
User since 8/22/09
Some nice birds guys! Thursday 10:38am Birds were completely silent all morning. I called a few times about every half hour and had a hen fly in. I moved and called 4 times. Nothing. At about 10:30 I purred and yelped on the slate and yelped with the diaphragm and had 2 gobbles. 1 in front and one in back. I got the 1 in front Cool 23lbs, 9.5" beard, 1" spurs.
4/18/14 @ 6:56 AM
shedhunter
shedhunter
User since 1/28/08
10:30am opening morning came in silent. 22lbs 10inch beard 7/8 spurs
4/17/14 @ 10:41 AM
deadonoutdoors
deadonoutdoors
User since 9/18/09
Opening day double with archery gear. Both birds weighed in at 26.5 pounds.
4/16/14 @ 7:13 PM
Jesse Quale
Jesse Quale
User since 1/25/09
Done by 7:30 opening day. Big Smile Big Smile Today was a blast hope next few season go like today. Worked 5 big toms with 13 hens for about a hour today. I was going to back out and move to another spot when a couple toms started gobbling 50 yards behind me. I turned around got set and they came running in. Boom dead 25lbs 10 inch beard 1 1/4 spurs. I left this spot and went to help a friend who had birds going. We stopped a couple places and called nothing. Went back around to a parking lot up about a half mile. We started to get ready. I got out got all my gear ready and they gobbled 150 yards away. Dale was getting ready when i saw a gun up against a tree. I said dale is this your gun?? He said no. So we picked up the gun unloaded it put it in the truck and headed in after the birds. After playing with 3 toms with a ton of hens we backed out and headed back to the truck. When we got back to the truck a guy came running up top see if we had his gun. We said yes and gave it back to the other hunter. Wind picked up checked a few other ares and call it a day around noon. Back after them birds again in the morning. If anyone is looking to book a spring turkey hunt i have some openings left..... Be safe and shoot straight Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Ps and dont forget your gun
4/16/14 @ 6:17 PM
HOOK'MM
User since 6/15/07
Zone 1 Period 1 Sauk County. 25lbs, 10 inch beard and 1" Spurs
2014 Turkey Pics photo by HOOK'MM
4/13/14 @ 10:00 AM
A-GAME
User since 1/23/09
Awesome forum.... this is what it's all about! Congrats to all the youth hunters making it happen in some adverse conditions and good luck to all still heading out to the field! Congrats again!
4/13/14 @ 9:48 AM
whitetail1474
User since 10/16/05
First bird for my 11 year old daughter. If you like her smile, you should have seen mine. The picture is blurry because couldn't stop shaking.
4/12/14 @ 11:27 PM
Jesse Quale
Jesse Quale
User since 1/25/09
Ethans first bird 24 lbs 11 inch beard 1 1/4 spurs. Tounge Out Tounge Out
2014 Turkey Pics photo by greenwaterwalleye
Displaying 46 to 58 of 58 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE