SEARCH
MORE
Turkey Hunting

Bird Activity

4/7/13 @ 10:33 PM
INITIAL POST
BBD5
User since 10/12/11
Hey all, I read through all of the youth hunt posts and congrats to all! Awesome to see the young kids out and having success if fortunate enough. Figured I'd narrow the topic a bit though and ask for those who have been lucky enough to get out so far.. How are the birds acting? Haven't seen much for strutting from the roads and what not, birds responding to any calls or is there much gobbling on the roost etc? such as quieting up after fly-down. Just trying to get some info due to lack of scouting ability.. not wanting to mess it up and go in overcalling or anything. Appreciate any help and good luck to all!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 78 posts
4/19/17 @ 9:55 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

Strutting toms everywhere on the fields today, SW WI. 

4/15/17 @ 1:40 PM
standard_lengthy
standard_lengthy
User since 6/8/07

Flocks are starting to get smaller in the Ozaukee area, 20-30 down to a dozen or so. Lots of strutting all day long. Gobbling from the tree consistently and more gobbling on the ground. This should be a good year.

4/14/17 @ 12:13 AM
thermo-klein
User since 6/17/01

Turkeys were out in full force this evening.  Watched a tom breed a hen along hwy 26 outside of Fort Atkinson.

4/4/17 @ 7:55 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

seen many sunday afternoon before the rain ozaukee/sheboygan co.

4/3/17 @ 9:08 PM
Vermeeson
Vermeeson
User since 1/22/02
Saw a nice flock with a couple of strutters south of Rosendale off Hwy 26 and another nice group with 3 strutters off Hwy 181 in the Mequon area.
3/30/17 @ 3:44 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

FINALLY!  seen 2 strutters with hens yesterday in shevegas, i almost ran off the road had to pull a u'e and pulled off did some yelps and they both gobbled every time, it got the old blood justa boilin gunna be a long couple weeks!

3/29/17 @ 12:22 PM
SJB
SJB
User since 7/16/01

Haven't heard any gobbeling yet, but tough from the car.  I have seen the strutting, and also seen some of the big groups break up a bit.  Was seeing 70-80 in one field, and now down to around 40.  Saw 3 toms alone this past morning, which I have not seen all winter. 

3/28/17 @ 9:34 PM
Landin' Lunkers
User since 6/4/12

I saw three separate fields yesterday in waukesha county with strutting birds and a pile of hens with them. I see them a lot lately. Any mowed corn field seems to be a sure bet that they are there. Plus the 3 I had stroll up into my yard the other day whilst trying out my new call with the kids.

I hope your guys luck changes before season starts. 

Good luck.

3/27/17 @ 5:00 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

i may be blind, but i have not seen very many birds out at all, atleast thru SE part of the state and up around waupaca. seems odd to me.

3/25/17 @ 4:53 PM
Lickey
Lickey
User since 8/29/12

I was out coyote hunting two weeks ago and heard a lot of gobbling on the farm. At least 30 different gobblers were going at once that morning

3/17/17 @ 7:51 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

I see them strutting for the last month or so. Still flocked up hens and toms together.

5/5/16 @ 6:10 PM
GUDSUN
User since 2/25/02

Saw more birds out yday and today in the afternoon than I have seen total in the last few weeks. Nice weather must have them going, in Zone 2 Kewaunee county.

Got a kid to take out next week, hope there are a few left.

Got mine week one. 26#, 1 1/2 spurs and it had a few hairs up to 12.5" but most were just over 11".

5/5/16 @ 4:32 PM
Bridge rat
User since 2/17/16

I am in zone 2 also not a sound for 2days! Seen some hens but no beards! Outagamie co.

5/5/16 @ 3:13 PM
Shockers1
User since 4/27/15

Zone 2 can't get them to talk today!! Had one gobbling working it's way in all of sudden it shut up. Had one again at noon gobbling but only a few times. Have not found one since. Have been out all day running and gunning.

5/5/16 @ 3:13 PM
Shockers1
User since 4/27/15

Zone 2 can't get them to talk today!! Had one gobbling working it's way in all of sudden it shut up. Had one again at noon gobbling but only a few times. Have not found one since. Have been out all day running and gunning.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 78 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE