SEARCH
MORE
Trout Fishing

Trout stream and a otter.

4/30/11 @ 11:58 AM
INITIAL POST
HHS
User since 12/7/10
Was fishing a slough off the river where a trout stream feeds into it, !8' away from me water starts to boil and a carp rolls up with a large otter attached to it. one heck of a sight to see. What I want to know does anyone know if the DNR would relocate otters if they are able to put a hurt on a trout stream.

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
7/20/11 @ 4:25 PM
Slabosaurus
User since 6/9/10
Until we all stop using tables to eat when we have perfectly good tummies to eat on, the otters will always be out to get us.

7/17/11 @ 8:05 AM
OUTDOORSMAN50
User since 10/15/09
I know a fellow who knows a fellow who was treed by a pack of otters while he was bowhunting! Tounge Out Wink

7/16/11 @ 9:56 PM
Coulee_region_adventures
Coulee_region_adventures
User since 3/18/10
I sense a revolt and fear the day when otters rule the earth and we have to resort to living in grass huts and eating trout.

7/16/11 @ 6:49 PM
NPike_Guy
NPike_Guy
User since 8/25/08
Otters are truly ferocious creatures. I myself witnessed one take down a bull elk, then fight off a wolf pack all on its own! They must be exterminated before they eat your kids! Just take a look at these terrifying monstrosities!

7/16/11 @ 9:21 AM
Lv'm & Lv'm
User since 5/13/11
Trtr, well said, thank you. My brother has 2 and 4 year old boys that like to play on the pier and in the water at their place near P.I.. 100's from the shore I spotted 3 Otters going under a boat house in the winter. It puts a whole new outlook on their watching the boys on their property. I hope another attack will not occur anywhere and if this helps great. I wish I had a picture of the young boys injuries. I think that would be a pretty good warning image.

7/15/11 @ 9:57 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01
My father in law never mentioned otters without adding a profanity to otter. Now that I have a trout stream in my backyard, I understand. Otters wipe out trout in a section of stream. Beavers cut down trees until they are stopped.

What do I do about beavers and otters ? Trap them both. Otters require a tag. Beavers can be trapped or shot by landowners. Learn the regs. Obey the law. Actively manage your stream.

Trouter

7/13/11 @ 9:55 AM
Lv'm & Lv'm
User since 5/13/11
Do you know what a wheelchair is nipple brain?

7/12/11 @ 10:23 PM
Ifishskis
Ifishskis
User since 5/20/09
Just like a beaver biting your nipple off, right? Tounge Out Where did it hurt him so bad that he needed all that?

7/5/11 @ 7:55 AM
Lv'm & Lv'm
User since 5/13/11
The "Otter" topic has me thinking that I should post this. I have a friend who's son was attacked by an Otter in the Apostle Islands. He was in a wheelchair for 6 months and had 3 surgeries. This was about 5 years ago.. I called Scott Stewart and mentioned it to him hoping other people would hear this on his radio show and not have it happen to them. He said he had never heard of this report. If I had not talked to the boy I don't know if I would have believed it as well. Then a couple of years ago another person near Hayward I believe was also attacked. This I can not verify, just heard it on the news.

7/5/11 @ 12:16 AM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06
Otters are a natural predator of trout, but not as damaging to the streams as Beaver, who raise the water temps to levels trout cannot thrive in at all. I was on a stream last week, having very good success, and then for two hours caught only one trout. I noticed many otter slides in that area, and wondered if that was why the trout were so scarce. So I just moved on to a different area and caught more trout. I feel the otters have just as much of a right to eat trout as we do.

4/30/11 @ 7:46 PM
Coulee_region_adventures
Coulee_region_adventures
User since 3/18/10
The DNR does not remove otters because the otter is part of the eco system.

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE