SEARCH
MORE
Snowmobiles

Running a GPS on my snowmobile battery

4/9/15 @ 8:07 AM
INITIAL POST
fishngod
User since 3/14/07
I want to hook up a Lowrance Elite 7 to my sled battery. Will this drain the battery too fast if I leave the GPS on after the sled is shut off? Do I need to wire it to a separate battery just for the GPS?
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts
4/9/15 @ 8:18 AM
SJB
SJB
User since 7/16/01
Look up your amp draw on the GPS, figure out how long you will be sitting, see the battery capacity and you can calculate how long before you drain the battery. Myself, I would not recommend it. I know I will often sit in one spot ice fishing if the fish are there for hours. I believe on all the lowrance's, you can see your voltage. To monitor, you could have that on your screen as an option. If you start to drop around 12 V, then fire up your motor would be another option. This is all assuming you don't have a way to fire up your sled other than the battery.
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE