SEARCH
MORE
Pike Fishing

Pike Ice Fishing Tips

11/25/18 @ 11:28 AM
INITIAL POST
Merrimic91
User since 6/25/07

What is the best tip up set up to use for ice fishing pike? (i.e line, hooks, bait, etc)

Displaying 16 to 27 of 27 posts
11/26/18 @ 11:00 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Just like all the others say but I add a treble hook and a large bait fish3-6 inches or bigger if you like.  Pike are not picky, at least the ones I catch.

Ive been pike fishing on and off for 40 years and I never got anything bigger than 30 inch.  I'd like to know how to get the big ones.

11/26/18 @ 7:16 PM
ayeFeesh
User since 5/17/11

For strictly pike 30-50lb nylon braid, split shot, barrell swivel and a steel leader. 

11/26/18 @ 12:50 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Not a huge pike fisherman, but I run 30# nylon tip up line (standard beaver dam line) with 6-10' of 20# braided line (suffix performance ice braid) and a leader of choice, I tend to run my leaders on the light side since I don't chase any monster pike. I started adding beads and a blade to my tip ups a few years ago with a regular treble and I feel like it has helped catch more fish. Never been a fan of the quick strike set-ups, but if you're solely going after pike, they would probably be beneficial.

Best decision I made was switching from tipups to the iFish pros. Even the smaller pike I catch are a blast with a rod and reel compared to hand over hand.

Displaying 16 to 27 of 27 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE