MORE
Pike Fishing

Where are the pike "Right now?"

5/7/14 @ 4:33 PM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
This can be for any observations on current pike patterns and locations. Such as, are they shallow, deep, cruising flats etc... All lakes and experiences will be different of course, but maybe we can help each other out from time to time with generalities. For example, right now, in northern Wi, I have no idea if they are spawning, done spawning, or well done spawning? The calender and the weather are at two different places as the spring was cold and the ice lasted forever-yet it's almost mid May! Maybe somebody knows the answer and can help out...
Displaying 1 to 15 of 17 posts
2/6/18 @ 5:59 PM
franklinstower
User since 8/10/15

Any places to find big dead baits? I went through quite a few smelt last weekend and cant find bigger ones anywhere. 10" or bigger preferably. I drive around the state for work so it doesn't matter where they are located. Pic is from saturday on lake koshkonong

2/5/18 @ 9:42 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

Been getting nice size females from 28 to 34 inch in 10 to 12 ft off the outer weed edge. Usually no standing weeds around. Lots of 4 to 7 inch perch around for forage. Sometimes I catch a few 5 inch perch and use them as bait, works well, and they are free

Where are the pike
2/5/18 @ 7:25 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08
n.pike,

check your messenger

2/2/18 @ 6:18 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

You guys finding them in the green weeds yet? Or deep? 

7/11/17 @ 12:02 AM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
This is the time of year up north where I kind of avoid pike fishing. Gets better in September. 
7/11/17 @ 12:02 AM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
This is the time of year up north where I kind of avoid pike fishing. Gets better in September. 
5/15/17 @ 12:55 PM
Timmothy A
User since 5/17/09
4-5 fow among patchy emerging weeds, they are loving the large blue and white twitch bait.
5/6/17 @ 6:47 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

shallow bays with early weed growth on the windward side of lake. caught 15 today all on silver perch pattern #11 rapala. bonus 21 inch walleye! 55 degree water temp.

2/1/16 @ 1:23 PM
Todd Young
User since 6/25/15
Been seeing quite a few pulled through the ice here in western PA recently in 4 to 6 feet of water in and around the weedbeds. Really warm here the last couple of days. Our ice fishing may be over shortly. Not great ice to begin with.
1/31/16 @ 9:31 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06
Down in SE WI. Wierd year. Pike are still in "First Ice" mode and its Feburary. Still catching pike shallow when they are normally out deeper or even basin crusing this time of the year. 5 guys I know set up at what I consider an early ice spot last week and caught 40+ pike in one day. When they will ever go into even mid winter mode down here, I dont know
10/17/15 @ 12:55 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06
Same here. Very shallow weeds, 2-3 ft this week. Large schools of minnows came shallow, followed by all kinds of game fish
10/12/15 @ 3:33 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Yeah, caught them in shallow weeds myself yesterday....
9/25/15 @ 4:32 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
It's been a very warm September. Think they are still in late summer mode due to water temps? Or, fall mode due to the calendar and sunlight etc...
Displaying 1 to 15 of 17 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE