SEARCH
MORE
Musky Fishing

What is considered fall Musky Fishing

8/3/15 @ 12:58 PM
INITIAL POST
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15
I am from mid missouri and I know that fall hits sooner up north than down here .I have heading to Cedar Lake in Canada the last of this month. Would this be considered late summer early fall up there. What kind of bite do you think we will have.. Glide baits Topwater Bucktail? Any Help suggestions will help and greatly appreciated.
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
8/7/15 @ 9:08 PM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15
Thanks guys I hope to have a great trip but just getting away if a good thing for me. Spending time with my son will be priceless....
8/7/15 @ 9:08 AM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08
When the temperature starts to fall in wisconsin, on average that is around august 15 to the end of the month.To me that is the start of all fall fishing,it is very subtle at first but when that water starts to cool from its high, muskies and most fish start to feed more.
8/6/15 @ 5:43 AM
Marc Morrone
Marc Morrone
User since 9/3/08
Depends on the weather. September can be like summer, or quite cool. In Wisconsin I don't usually see real fall patterns start until October, and the good sucker bite not until mid-October.
8/5/15 @ 2:31 PM
get the frabill
get the frabill
User since 3/23/12
Ed, I think you are spot on. I am in WI and we are already seeing cooler nights starting this week. I would think by the end of the month they will be getting lows in the low 50's and experiencing bait and predators moving toward the shallow structure. Bucktails, topwaters, crankbaits and rubber should all be in play. Glide baits should be deadly when you are headed back to a previous follower or working known fish holding structure. I had to cancel my trip to Cedar this year due to my first son being born (well worth it in case you see this, Meagan... lol). I am no expert but I do believe that the last couple weeks of august is prime time on Cedar. Not sure if you are catching the full moon and not really sure it matters other than we would have crossed paths.
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE