SEARCH
MORE
Musky Fishing

Just one lure??

11/25/13 @ 1:51 PM
INITIAL POST
AChotrod
User since 9/8/13
If you could pick just one Muskie lure, and thats the only lure you can use/bring with you what would you choose and why?
Displaying 16 to 28 of 28 posts
12/2/13 @ 3:32 AM
rapture
User since 2/15/06
I think if I had to choose one lure, id go with a musky sized clothes pin style spinnerbait. Lots of companies make em in all different colors and blade types. Pearsons Grinder and Buchers slop master are two different ones that I use. The reason why id use those as the one bait only option? Its because you can use em in any kind of cover from spring until ice and theyll work for you. You can work em deep or shallow. Drag em over thick weeds, through stumps, or bounce em over rocks. In spring you can run em as is for a smaller presentation and in the fall you can add a trailer and increase the size when the fatsos wanna eat something bigger. If you have to choose only one lure, better make it one where it can be effective no matter where, when, and how you use it. I think the clothes pin spinnerbait does that. The only other lure that I think is as versatile is a musky sized bass style jig with a shad trailer like the J-Mac jig. Id still go with a spinnerbait since I think the blades draw more attention but the jigs will def catch you fish as well.
12/1/13 @ 12:20 PM
hook, line and sinker
hook, line and sinker
User since 4/10/03
Dawg--can fish it all year.
11/30/13 @ 5:23 PM
Nick Schumacher
Nick Schumacher
User since 1/10/05
Tough question to answer. The first lure that popped in my mind, though, was a baby ShallowRaider, walleye pattern. Wow... so many choices... Some kind of crankbait would be my pick since I would want something that could achieve some depth, but also have the sexy twitch-and-hang action if I wanted it to have it.
11/30/13 @ 8:51 AM
muskyschlott
User since 10/2/09
it would have to be a bulldawg for me. catches musky all year. no wrong time to use one.
11/29/13 @ 8:18 PM
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11
Mepps Musky Killer,,black/brass blade...add a black,red or purple trailer
11/29/13 @ 5:45 PM
pryan0225
User since 6/13/06
Mepps Muskie Killer. Black w/ Silver blade. These kinds of questions are fun. Always hard to pick just one. It is a challenge. Backdraft
11/28/13 @ 10:48 PM
2rudedogs
2rudedogs
User since 8/14/11
9" Big Game Twitch/crankbait. Because they're versatile. Twitch baits work from spring till fall. -Jon
11/25/13 @ 11:00 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03
Give me something with as much versatility as possible. Something that can be used with confidence when water temps are in the low 50's in spring, upper 70's in summer, and when you have to break ice to get your boat launched. All baits will work all season long...even when water temps dip below 40 surface baits will work...but for all conditions you need a crescent wrench type bait. No question I'd go with a DDD.
11/25/13 @ 6:19 PM
FishFinder87
FishFinder87
User since 2/8/11
Relatively new to targeting musky, but from what I've read I would bet a bucktail would be a popular choice.. specificaly one with black skirt and nickel blades... Seems to be popular and successful for many people on many bodies of water. I'm interested to see what others post as well though.
Displaying 16 to 28 of 28 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE