LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Minnesota Fishing Discussion

Where would you go to fish crappie that are slabs?

10/24/15 @ 11:47 PM
INITIAL POST
Salmonfishermen33
User since 10/24/15
I'm pretty new at fishing for crappie and would like to take the kids fishing for some fun crappie. Where would be the best place to start near the metro?
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
5/23/16 @ 7:31 PM
Ripnlips22
Ripnlips22
User since 6/28/15

I've heard Minnetonka can crank out some big crappies. 

5/16/16 @ 12:42 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Lots of lakes in Northern MN but since you said near the metro, I still say Minnetonka.

2/4/16 @ 12:13 PM
Route66
User since 6/22/01
Cut Foot Sioux on the NE end of Big Winnie. Big slabs don't taste good. Ick!
1/6/16 @ 11:58 AM
Tracy Lindstrom
User since 12/14/15
Hi, there- some of the best crappie fishing we know of in Northern Minnesota is on Pelican Lake, Orr (just north of Cook and Virgina MN). We've stayed at Birch Forest Lodge and it's under new ownership and many nice, clean affordable cabins and a great environment for the kids. There is a tourism website for Pelican lake, where you could check out other lodging options for their lake. There is also a public boat launch. Tip-For the kids, the Vince Shutte Bear Sanctury is nearby and truly an amazing once in a lifetime experience to see bear in their natural habitat. We've got big Crappie fishing in the fall up here on Lake Kabetogama in our chain of lakes for Voyageurs National park. But people don't target the crappie much in the summer, not sure why. Our favorite fishing guide always looks forward to the crappie fishing in the fall! But I'm not sure where you live, so fall fishing might not be an option with the kids (that's why I recommended Pelican lake first). I think up here everyone is after the walleye! We are more known for the large game fish -- tasty Walleye, huge playful smallmouth bass and the northern pike. In Voyageurs National Park there is alot of great camping and get your own island, try Woodenfrog State camp ground that's accessible by car is right on the lake with a beach and public boat launch, or there is a historic resort area on the south shore for cabin and boat rentals too. Happy Fishing in 2016! Smile Tracy Dee - Kabetogama resident
11/3/15 @ 10:31 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12
Minnetonka has some nice Crappies
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE