SEARCH
MORE
Michigan Fishing Discussion

Peavy Pond

6/9/15 @ 3:26 PM
INITIAL POST
SowSlayer
User since 3/6/15
I am going to take my step-father fishing for a week in the U.P. of Michigan, in late August. We decided on staying at the Michi-Aho Resort and fishing our way down the Michigamme River to Peavy Pond. Only problem is there is little to no information available on the this body of water. I read some old fishing reports and gleamed some information, but would love it if anyone out there would be willing to share information or the name(s) of anyone with a good knowledge of the water. I'm not asking for the honey holes. Just want to have a productive weekend and make it memorable for my step-father. Other than keeping a few perch and walleye for one fish fry, everything will be thrown back. Would also like to get some muskie fishing in. ANY information would be much appreciated and help ease my angst! I'm always game for an adventure, just want to be productive as possible on the water and keep my step-father interested. You can private message me or even call or write me via my email. 262-903-2635 or [email protected]
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
5/29/17 @ 7:09 PM
bscozz
User since 4/30/06

Try the Michi aho resort and bait shop. I believe they rent boats. Crystal bait in crystal falls also rents boats.

5/26/17 @ 6:32 AM
Slowman8
User since 5/26/17

My Dad and I use to go to Peavy for many years, he died in 1984 and I have not been back. It is about time I relive some of the memories. I no longer have a boat is there a place I can go that I could stay and rent a boat- motor?

Thanks

Tom

3/24/17 @ 8:05 AM
Eagle_Tree
User since 3/24/17
I just joined, and saw this.  Two years too late, but the river is my favorite place to fish ever.  I don't know how your trip turned out, but late August would usually be pretty productive, and I assume Pat and Judy were able to help you find a few fish.  If you ever plan a return trip, I will be happy to give you some suggestions, depending on the fish, or any other experiences you are looking for (I assume you saw the eagles.  They are favorites of mine).  My family has visited the Michi-Aho over the past 50 years.  We are not necessarily experts, but I have some ideas and suggestions for fish and entertainment.
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE