SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

New Tip Up Gadget Developer needs your help

7/21/14 @ 11:23 PM
INITIAL POST
MontanaIce
User since 7/21/14
A buddy of mine has a cool tip up invention he calls the FishOly. once you see it you are probably going to want to get a few. Check it out at Kickstarer. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...fishing-tip-up Let me know what you think.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 19 posts
9/5/14 @ 1:01 AM
Lectrotech
Lectrotech
User since 11/19/09
No thanks. I do fine without batteries, beepers and lights.
9/4/14 @ 5:56 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
Looks like the FishOly is not going to happen.... They were $97,790 short of their goal of $100K. Guess I'm going to have to stick with the tried and true Frabil...
8/2/14 @ 9:37 PM
flyguy329
User since 1/25/06
I lived in Wyoming growing up (where this company is located). There is no comparison between the weather here and there. Sure it gets cold (below 0) a decent amount of times but it is not brutal like it is here. A few have posted it may work when it is warmer. There its warmer than here the majority of time. Think they need to market those more out there. Personally, I dont think you can and should change the tip up. They are one piece of gear that has and continues to stand the test of time. Cant fix perfection (or near perfection).
7/31/14 @ 7:49 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
Who doesn't enjoy the sunny days out on the ice when it is 35 degrees out Kutt? How often does that happen though? January thaw, and late ice... Other than that, your line freezing would really be a challenge. I'm a junkie and fish the Fox river until there is safe ice on Tichigan or Browns. Casting Twister Tales around when it is just below freezing is really tough. The small amount of water on the mono line freezes in no time. I don't see how on earth this could work unless it is above freezing... Unless it is selling for $5 your time to use it is really limited. Frabil Arctic Ice is the way to go. Six bucks a throw in March just before the season ends....
7/30/14 @ 8:41 AM
Kutt
Kutt
User since 6/30/09
Saying it is a Junk is wrong. It looks like fun on a warm day. My one concern is, if I drop the rod part of the device I might break it. Otherwise it looks like a fun gadget.
7/29/14 @ 6:50 PM
User since 10/5/05
No offense to your buddy, but that looks like junk. That's pretty much just taking a normal tipup, adding a bunch of bells and whistles nobody really needs or wants, and making it more cumbersome to use. If it costs more than one of those plastic HT tipups, I don't see anyone buying it.
7/29/14 @ 12:19 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
As Al Boreland would say " I don't think so Tim"
7/28/14 @ 9:41 PM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11
Like someone posted, if it is 35degrees or above, I think it would be a great idea.Not enough days like that though.
7/28/14 @ 5:59 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
The other thing... If your betting the farm on a new product, and are looking for financial support, you'd think posting the correct link would be a fairly important detail. By the way cds, lots of good observations...
7/28/14 @ 11:56 AM
ditto
User since 12/6/10
You gotta love how he starts shaking the trout before it's even out of the hole and continues shaking it, you wanna bet that trout is already dead when he hooked it on the line? Also there is no rod so you're just reeling in the fish and if it takes a run good luck having the drag smooth after running through all those back and forth angles. Kudos to him for attempting to do something different but just being different doesn't make it an improvment, plus this kind of comando marketing really turns me off.
7/25/14 @ 3:47 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
Here is a link that works: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1697173654/fisholy-ice-fishing-tip-up Doesn't look too promising. They need $100,000 to begin production, and they currently have around $1,500. Also, agree with an earlier post. It will work fine the first time you drop it into the hole. However, after you reel it in once, I would think that it is going to become a frozen mess that you can't reel in or out... Also, with the lights and sounds, it looks more like a video game. Maybe I'd change my perspective if I actually used one, but my initial thoughts are that it would be nice for ice fishing if I was hard of hearing, fishing in the dark, and the temperature was around 35 degrees.
7/22/14 @ 10:41 AM
ditto
User since 12/6/10
Link doesn't work, joined the same day he posted this, and this should be in the Trading Post.
7/22/14 @ 10:24 AM
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
Not a fan of the spool/reel being above the ice...looks like a frozen mess waiting to happen. Whole thing looks a bit silly to be honest.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 19 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE