SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

One shot skimmer?

3/11/14 @ 7:37 PM
INITIAL POST
littlejigger
User since 1/26/13
Just seeing if anyone has one. I just ordered one and was curious if i just made a mistake or am gonna be really happy. At least in the video it looks pretty good! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfi44n0vKqY
Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
9/27/14 @ 11:03 AM
dragonflag
User since 11/27/08
Looks cool. I have the one that resembles a stovepipe, not real pack friendly, but nice to swing the slush out of the hole in a permanent shack on skids to a 5 gallon pail. I can use the tube to clear the slush directly around the hole also by lowering it to the ice and dragging it to the hole and down. Tink frost fellas!
3/14/14 @ 2:48 PM
littlejigger
User since 1/26/13
I ordered off of ebay. Came from minnesota. Bought on a saturday was at the house on tuesday. Used it again today, very happy with it.
3/14/14 @ 1:48 PM
SHEEPD0G
SHEEPD0G
User since 5/22/12
Fleet farm sells them, I know I saw them there last year. Otherwise their number is on their website, they're from the greater rosholt area if you get that way pick one up direct.
3/14/14 @ 1:29 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
Does anyone know of any stores in the Green Bay/Appleton area that sell these/has them in stock? Or is this only available online?
3/12/14 @ 5:40 PM
Pete Pete Pete
User since 12/21/05
I never knew scooping slush from a hole was such an issue. The auger takes care of 99.9% of it when drilling if done properly.
3/12/14 @ 1:42 PM
littlejigger
User since 1/26/13
Ok here we go. i have a 9" pro4 auger. they dont make a 9" skimmer so i ordered a 10" and cut it down from 9 5/8 to 8 3/4. i figured i would leave it tight, can always take more off. went to bago this morning and yes as prevously stated it is the cats arse. your grabbing a 9" diameter circle 4" tall of slush with one pull. Then a quick follow up grab to get some of the little stuff that went through. yes you do still need a small skimmer to keep the hole clean but who cares. the only problem with cutting it down was i lost the lip or edge. so ran down to the hardware store and grabbed some fuel hose, cut a slit in it and wrapped it around the edge. Works like a champ. these will catch on. my buddy used it and was like "f&*k yeah!" lol. I would recommend for anyone that drills alot of holes and hates skimming. Have a good one!
3/12/14 @ 10:55 AM
smokercraft92
User since 3/20/02
Made one my self and it works great. But being made out of metal freezes up some in below zero weather.
3/12/14 @ 10:48 AM
Point Muskie Hunter
Point Muskie Hunter
User since 1/28/13
I have one and love it you did not make a mistake I even know the guy who own's the company Brad he makes a good product.
3/12/14 @ 7:40 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
I got a Flipper Dipper skimmer for Xmas two years ago. It's basically a plastic version of the One Shot with a slightly different design. Works well but you still need to use a smaller hand skimmer if you want the hole completely slush free. It works well for getting the bulk of the slush out which is nice when you have two feet of it in the hole. http://www.tackletamer.com/iceskimmer.html
3/11/14 @ 8:11 PM
littlejigger
User since 1/26/13
Agreed. However when we're hole hopping and its 5-10 degrees out, my galvanized skimmer freezes up also. Even when i am hitting against my boot, the ice, or the truck tire. The time wasted cleaning holes to me is annoying. Oh maybe its age telling me i don't like leaning over Big Smile Just seeing the box came in the mail. Will report tomorrow how it goes.
3/11/14 @ 8:08 PM
klobros
klobros
User since 12/12/13
I got one early in the ice fishing season for the perm. shack and I love it. It cuts the time more than half cleaning holes out in the shack. You can almost fill a 5 gallon bucket with one swipe with slush.
3/11/14 @ 7:46 PM
Edward Felcohands
User since 2/24/09
looks pretty nice if you are inside a shack, really really nice if you have a perm. but it looks like it would freeze up really bad in cold weather, possibly to the point where it was totally useless
Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE