SEARCH
MORE
Guns & Shooting

handgun scopes

3/24/15 @ 9:33 PM
INITIAL POST
AO
User since 8/1/01
I'm getting more into handgun hunting whitetail with my Taurus model 44 6.5in barrel. Wondering what are some good options for scopes for it. Looking for something less expensive to start off with I hunt dense woods and wouldn't shoot over 50yds. Thoughts anybody or what do you use?
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
2/24/17 @ 9:15 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

I have a Leopold FX-ll on my 44 super redhawk. It is locked on at 50 yds, that is my max comfort range. From a bench it holds a 3 inch group over hundreds of rounds. I reload all my own, but steel shot shells and that makes a big difference in accuracy. To bad now a days it's almost a wash to buy factory, unless you reload on a large scale.

2/24/17 @ 12:09 PM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09

I will have to ditto , ditto. Any hunting handgun will have plenty of recoil. I had a lesser quality scope on my Dessert Eagle and it did not take long to knock the guts loose. I have used Leopold's for quite a while and am very happy with them. There are more expensive manufacturers out there, but I am the only one I need to impress. With a lifetime warranty, it's money well spent.

2/24/17 @ 8:23 AM
jimmymuller
jimmymuller
User since 6/20/16

Handgun scopes is very reliable, exceptionally tough that handgun requires. They offer long eye relief in a lightweight package. The feature of handgun scopes is index matched, multi coated lenses that maximize contrast in low light setting. It also provide superb clarity.

handgun scopes photo by jimmymuller
3/25/15 @ 12:36 PM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04
Leupold used to make a 2X pistol scope. It seemed just right to me, being used to iron sites. Quick target acquisition without too much magnification.
3/25/15 @ 9:59 AM
ditto
User since 12/6/10
MY thought is always to buy the best scope you can afford or even more than you can afford! When it comes to handguns this rule is even more important. The scope will take a tremendous amount of recoil, mare than on any normal rifle, this is not the place to save a couple bucks.
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE