SEARCH
MORE
Great Lakes Fishing

Meat rigs

1/16/16 @ 2:30 PM
INITIAL POST
Musky_36
User since 4/27/02
First off I check prior posts and didn't see this titled... If I missed it sorry. I plan on using these for the first time next year. Kinda got back into the salmon swing the last two years..just want to expand my offering. Any tips or things to do or not to do would be great..thanks in advance.
Displaying 16 to 19 of 19 posts
2/9/16 @ 10:03 PM
hypovolemicshock
hypovolemicshock
User since 6/20/11
We had good look with meat rigs on wire dipsys this year. Usually get the meat from Lake Michigan Angler but Jalenkys is suppose to be selling some this year too.
2/9/16 @ 8:25 AM
BWhunter
User since 3/26/13
I'm thinking about adding meet rigs to my spread also but I haven't bean able to find red or green label herring witch is what I think I would need. Where are guys getting it?
1/16/16 @ 7:45 PM
Trophy_Taker
User since 4/27/08
Well in my experience with meat rigs, which isn't a whole lot, but have been using them for a few years. Make sure you have a good roll to the meat, experiment with different colors (one day it can be blue, the next day green or red) and try meat rigs on different rod set ups (dipsy, riggers, 10oz etc..) One year the rigs were hot on our dipsy rods, the next it was a clean meat rig/no flasher on a 300 copper.
Displaying 16 to 19 of 19 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE