MORE
General Outdoor Discussion

Wild Pigs./ Big Flats, Wis

11/13/11 @ 9:46 PM
INITIAL POST
BAGS FARMBOY
BAGS FARMBOY
User since 9/26/11
Starting to see alot of them in Big Flats, Arkdale and Adams. Anybody else have reports in this area for Wild Hogs?
Displaying 1 to 15 of 33 posts
3/18/12 @ 2:17 PM
OUTDOORSMAN50
User since 10/15/09
Just wondering if these hogs are the "Climbing Hogs" of Wisconsin or related in anyway? BAGS YOUR TAKE ON THIS?
12/23/11 @ 3:39 PM
Foundry Rat
User since 1/21/10

On a more serious note. My in-law is setting up a boar hunt in the UP. Superior Game Ranch. If anyone has info on them or hogs in general they care to share, please do. I hate to have the same fiasco as when we went to South Carolina. BAD trip. Thanks, Rat.

12/23/11 @ 3:23 PM
lip licker
User since 7/8/11

least it wasnt pa...................

12/23/11 @ 1:44 AM
BAGS FARMBOY
BAGS FARMBOY
User since 9/26/11

I got one tonight. Pork Chops and Bacon are good with me and Ma for Xmas. That will do just for fine and for you all that dont beleive me , heres the pic. Heres whats been down by the Crick Bottom that Ive been see'n. Piglets, too, Its gonna be a Good Xmas, Eat lots of Ham everyone!~ Happy New Year.

12/21/11 @ 12:03 PM
Thomas Droste
Thomas Droste
User since 1/1/06

This is getting really annoying. I'm guessing this kid is trying to raise the hair on a few people. Doing a good job with me because this type of nonsense is a useless forum on this site. If he is serious about seeing dem der hogz, I think maybe a little wildlife id booklet might be of some use.

As for the hogs you think you see around here... European/russian. Just how would they get here? Surely not through natural migration. IF there were any wild/feral hogs around here they would have been tame or domesticated at one time. I live in this area and DEFINETELY would have heard from neighbors and friends if there was a hog on the loose around here. Get your facts straight and quit posting useless crap on here.

12/21/11 @ 12:43 AM
BAGS FARMBOY
BAGS FARMBOY
User since 9/26/11

Texas and Florida have an overabundance of hogs for sure but they dont have em the like  we do all the way to the wis rapids...those big ones like Hogzilla in Georgia are just like the ones my dad had from Kentucky/ feral, the ones up here are european/russian, thick hair like a Grizzly bear. Be real careful this year all the way till april. there gonna be hungry once the snow hits hard, we have a pretty tame winter. This area is no longer just white tails and black bear.

12/19/11 @ 10:57 PM
BAGS FARMBOY
BAGS FARMBOY
User since 9/26/11

Ive seen about 5 Now since November. Which means there breeding for sure.

12/2/11 @ 7:10 PM
straydog
straydog
User since 7/15/05

I live in this area, and have never seen a pig hunting or driving.  Furthermore, lots of Arkdale farmers go to my church they don't see any either.

Hogs, ya just gotta come up with something different.  The wild pig and UFO gigs are wearing out.  I need a laugh, so think hard.

Just out of curiosity, you arent the dude selling the BALSUM FUR (sic) christmas trees in Big Flats this year, are ya?

11/25/11 @ 1:34 PM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
User since 3/14/03
I stay a mile and a half from the BP and have yet to see one. Talk with the farmers directly east of there and they do have 2 bears on the trail cams, but still no hogs sighted. I've never spotted a track yet either and I put on serious foot miles all over Rome, Big Flats, etc....

I'm not sayin they're not around, but not where I've been. Lots and lots of private land around... I sure will drop one if I see it! mmm

11/25/11 @ 11:42 AM
Thomas Droste
Thomas Droste
User since 1/1/06
I live a few miles from Big Flats. Never saw a pig. Ever! There is a gas station there. I believe it is a BP now but used to be a Citgo a few years back.

11/25/11 @ 10:55 AM
Goosecaller
User since 7/21/01
Have not seen a pig in 20 years of going up there, and there is not even a Citgo at 21 and 13, maybe a BP, but not a Citgo... Credibility is decreasing....

11/24/11 @ 11:59 PM
keeper2
PRO MEMBER User since 9/5/02
So, Bagboy....you have verifiable pictures of these hogs, right ?

11/24/11 @ 11:28 PM
BAGS FARMBOY
BAGS FARMBOY
User since 9/26/11
There very Sneaky, There down in the Creek Bottoms, look for the Tracks. and look for the ruts they dig up.

Off of 21/13, there everywhere now.

By the Citco.

11/17/11 @ 6:36 PM
Bearpawx4
User since 9/29/09
While the idea of hunting wild pigs seems appealing, I'd hate to see it here in Wsiconsin! Farmers have a hard enough time with Turkey's, etc. Once those pigs get going, their like mice , so they say on hogs gone wild Wink

11/17/11 @ 11:15 AM
RiverGuy
PRO MEMBER User since 6/20/03
I wanna lay the smackdown on one with my bow.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 33 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE