psycho
User since 1/21/02
just curious on who picks, what they pick
Displaying 61 to 75 of 127 posts
9/14/21 @ 7:26 AM
fishon909
fishon909
User since 1/17/13

Checked a few spots last night for hens but still nothing showing. Timing seems right. Wonder if the lack of rain or higher temps have a bigger influence on them. Saw a bunch of mushrooms but not really a fan of eating the dryad saddle and was not sure what they were so let them be. 

9/13/21 @ 9:54 PM
JigRod
User since 11/16/01

Still finding a few late season Chanterelles this past weekend along with a couple Kings. Forest cty. Also found a lot of Scabers but I’m not familiar enough with them so left them be. 

9/13/21 @ 12:39 PM
kyl_me
User since 7/21/08

Thank you. Didn't think it was anything edible, but was surprised to see the one had been removed.

9/13/21 @ 7:40 AM
JigRod
User since 11/16/01

Northern Tooth.

9/13/21 @ 7:02 AM
kyl_me
User since 7/21/08

I don’t pick but I saw this on a tree when hiking near my house a month or so ago. There were two of them on the same tree. When I was back out this weekend, this one was gone but the one above it, that could not be easily reached, was still there. Can anyone tell me based on this picture what it is?

9/10/21 @ 10:34 AM
Cobra57
Cobra57
PRO MEMBER User since 2/4/18

Cauliflowers yesterday. Marquette county. 

9/7/21 @ 2:08 PM
fishon909
fishon909
User since 1/17/13

Got a few early season hen spots that I’ve been checking but nothing showing yet. Maybe after this rain??? Temps seem a bit high during the day still. The oysters on my mushroom logs have started to produce! Only took 1.5 years to see something but it’s got me excited! 

9/7/21 @ 10:28 AM
JigRod
User since 11/16/01

No Hens for me either although I've never found one before. Picked some end of season Chanterelles this weekend along with a decent amount of Lobsters and Hedgehogs. One King Bolete.

9/5/21 @ 8:19 PM
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
PRO MEMBER User since 3/14/06

No Hens yet but this morning I was out changing SIM cards in some cams and saw some puffballs just getting started. In the past I wouldn’t waste my time with them but last year took a 1/2” center cut out of one and built a homemade pizza on it. Outstanding!  SE Walworth county

9/4/21 @ 5:36 PM
PRO MEMBER User since 3/14/06

Any Hens yet ?!

8/16/21 @ 1:21 PM
split shot
split shot
User since 6/19/01

Thank you, oncebitten. You are correct, the photos suck and choose are Phesant Back.

8/15/21 @ 10:19 PM
oncebitten
oncebitten
User since 12/7/17

Split shot

Photos could be better

That looks like a pheasant back. but it is a bit on the to old side, I would look for smaller ones. 

And don't use the stems if you do find some bigger one's that are fresher looking I would just trim about 1or 2"off the outer eage and chop it up.

I fry them with onions, butter,& Worcestershire sauce  to taste served with stake.

Do a Google search for them

8/15/21 @ 6:57 PM
split shot
split shot
User since 6/19/01

I found these growing on a tree in Walworth  county. I don't think they're Oyster mushrooms because the undersides are almost smooth instead of ribbed. Any guess es?

The photos are bottom and top.

8/15/21 @ 5:59 PM
Mafia
User since 1/12/14

Florence County Lobsters, Chanterelles, and small Hedgehogs very prevalent.  Way more than  I could use.  Mixed  woods with moss of course.  Really the best I’ve seen in 25 years.  Didnt pick many Chants because I have a bunch.  Can’t find Trumpets which is strange.  Trumpets and Kings hopefully this week

8/13/21 @ 6:59 AM
JigRod
User since 11/16/01

Granpa, for some reason on this site if the pictures you are posting have the same name as another picture that someone posted somewhere on this site it gets the pics mixed up. Try renaming your pictures to something original to you and repost them.

Displaying 61 to 75 of 127 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE