LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
General Hunting Discussion

Is the DNR deliberately releasing Cougars in the state?

7/20/09 @ 7:35 PM
INITIAL POST
Spiderwire
User since 1/20/03
A freiend of mine lives in Southern Marquette county and his wife recently saw a cougar while out on a walk...the couar was in plain sight and was casually walking in the yard of rural neighbors....upon reviewing this my friend discobvered a few things....tha a local farmer hadrecently repored seeing two cougars within 5 miles of this cougar....then a week ago he ran ito a firefighter friend wh told him and even more interesting story....basically a person that he knew was going out near some property he has up near Westfield and came across several DNR vehicles in his field...when he approached they told him he had to leave the area immediately even though it was his property...two of the trucks had large cages in the back and one contained a cougar...he left the area went down the road and waited and when those trucks drove past there was no cougar....I know this story is third if not fourth hand so I do not know how much is true but I know the people who have seen the other cougars in the field and I believe them...how they got there who knows...wanderers or released.....but does the DNR have the right to release such animals without public input...I know they have released Wolves in Portage county to help control the deer herd...obviously if they are releasing cougars that could be their only reason....but this animal is totally different than a wolf...while it does not multiply as rapidly as wolves it will stalk a human in the field or a child in a yard....I just thing it should have some public input...what da ya think?

Displaying 16 to 30 of 41 posts
7/30/09 @ 9:56 AM
SCOOTTERHUNT
SCOOTTERHUNT
User since 11/2/06
caught this on my trail camera

7/29/09 @ 9:07 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
They probably imported them from Canada...

Is the DNR deliberately releasing Cougars in the state? photo by Dave (Golden)
7/28/09 @ 9:07 PM
Chris2fur
Chris2fur
User since 3/4/06
The only thing the DNR has released is Liberals.

7/28/09 @ 8:57 PM
Boomer1
User since 2/22/09
...and they're releasing rattlesnakes to control the turkey population

Actually, it's the other way around.

How about releasing some raptors to control the tree hugging population

7/28/09 @ 6:00 PM
fullbarrel
fullbarrel
User since 6/4/03
heard the dnr is planning on releasing grizzly bears in the state so the wolf population has a predator!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My father in law thinks coyotes where released by the inschurance companies to control the deer population, WHACKY

7/28/09 @ 11:12 AM
augie2
User since 9/28/04
ahh, another DNR coverup...can't say I'm surprised. They are always telling people to stay away from their own property so they can throw some hazardous new species in. For instance, my sister-in-law's nephew's teacher told my brother that they released tiger sharks in lake Winnebago to help control the sheephead population and now since there aren't any sheephead in the lake the lake fly population is out of control. Go check it out for yourself, they are all over the place. I even spoke to my 85 year old half blind neighbor that says she saw one swimming along the shoreline. Then that same day I ran into a guy at the bar that said his kid barely escaped one that was chasing him while water skiing. This stuff is getting out of control. I'm sure we all know someone that would actually belive that...if you are that person, it's time to realize that you probably need to stop buying everything you read online (including Wikipedia)
7/22/09 @ 9:13 PM
BigBuckHunter87
User since 12/17/07
im going to have to concur about the dnr releasing cougars....i mean you guys are right something has to control those gosh darn sasquatches

7/22/09 @ 8:21 AM
ohioguy
User since 4/19/05
...and they're releasing rattlesnakes to control the turkey population. at least according to some fella i met the other day. whodathunk.

7/22/09 @ 7:33 AM
faltimeacres
faltimeacres
User since 3/27/05
Here is a little coffee table reading material:

http://www.cougarinfo.org/attacks2.htm

7/21/09 @ 10:36 PM
Docknboatlift
User since 8/23/01
in twelve years there have been only 6 attacks on humans and only 1 death in us and canada (1991-2003) so even if it were true, not much to worry about

Not sure where you get your numbers from, but there have been 10 (including one questionable) fatal attacks 91-03. Not that I'm up at night worrying about a mountain lion eating anyone, but if you're going to quote a fact then get it right.

Includes name, age, location, and date of attack

7/21/09 @ 2:50 PM
lvtofish
User since 2/2/05
in twelve years there have been only 6 attacks on humans and only 1 death in us and canada (1991-2003) so even if it were true, not much to worry about

7/21/09 @ 2:42 PM
cheqbass
User since 4/8/09
Are you sure it wasn't a Cheetah? Was he thirsty? His lips orange? Wearing sunglasses? Just as I thought! Another diabolical marketing scheme put over on the Wisconsin DNR but those sneaky guys at Frito Lay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "It ain't easy bein' cheezy" Cool CB

7/21/09 @ 2:18 PM
BAGGYD620
User since 12/14/05
I think someone might have gotten in grampa's "Hooch" a little early this morning. This might just be the "craziest posting" I've ever seen..

7/21/09 @ 1:56 PM
Mr. Henner
User since 7/16/08
i heard they were released to control the sasquatch population Tounge Out

7/21/09 @ 8:01 AM
LizardMan
User since 4/6/08
There's no way the DNR would do this, however, I wish they would.

Displaying 16 to 30 of 41 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE