MORE
General Hunting Discussion

BLAZE ORANGE

8/3/15 @ 1:13 PM
INITIAL POST
IZZY Outdoors
IZZY Outdoors
User since 4/24/08
I'm In need of a new blaze orange hunting jacket for cold weather and was wondering what everyone out there loves to wear and why I should get one
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
8/6/15 @ 8:02 AM
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
I don't gun hunt on a regular basis so I went the shell route also. I found a shell jacket that was super light and quiet. Got a 2x and cut the sleeves off so it's easier to put on and doesn't bulk up the shoulders and arms.
8/6/15 @ 7:55 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02
I'm with Chuck on the shells. I bought a shell jacket 15 years ago and can wear it over whatever clothing is suitable for the weather that day be it my down parka or a long sleeve tee. Cost me less than $20.
8/5/15 @ 5:32 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07
Carhart makes a blaze jacket. But as others I like the camo w/blaze vest. I get more use out of the camo.
8/5/15 @ 12:19 PM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02
I'm with Chuck on this one. I like the Walls products.
8/3/15 @ 6:38 PM
chuckc
User since 3/21/14
I am gonna go off in left field and suggest you use shells, that is, cheaper vests or pull over orange tops (and bottoms if you wish) and wear them over decent camo or brown cold weather gear that you can and will use more than just one week a year, especially if money and room (for storage) is somewhat tight. To me, there is no sense at all in spending big bucks for orange cold weather gear that I will wear for one week per year. ChuckC
8/3/15 @ 3:42 PM
GreatOutdoors2001
User since 7/5/01
About 15 years ago I bought a Browning hydro fleece parka and bibs in blaze camo. Awesome suit, and it has a ton of years left on it. They quit making them for a while, but I had heard they are back again. If they make them like they used to, you can't go wrong. If it is going to be warm though, I'll usually wear my scent lock camo and put an orange vest on.
8/3/15 @ 1:57 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10
I bought a very nice 4 in 1 camo jacket/parka made by Herters for Cabelas that I use for bow season and ice fishing. For rifle season I bought a $30 very lightweight blaze vest that I wear over my camo. If it's cold I will wear a pair of blaze bibs. I recommend spending good money on cold weather gear because when all I could afford was cheap gear I often found myself uncomfortablly cold after a few hours on stand. Now I can sit most of the day without getting cold.
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE