Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Moultrie M-990i 10MP No Glow Infrared Mini Game Camera

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

Whistling Gull
Whistling Gull
Level: General User
7/30/13 6:38 PM CST
Like it ?

Battery Preference ?

What SD card & class are you using?

Thanks for any info WG

lookn' 4 PnY
See Profile
8/26/13 7:29 AM CST
Great pic Bow! I used to despise Moultrie cams but they have really turned the corner now. My group has a few M-series cams and they are pretty darn nice.

Bowbuckman
Bowbuckman
8/25/13 9:34 AM CST
Great cams SS! Great pics! I got the M-90 black. No sound no lights visible. It's out all year. Still running on the Lithiums I put in last August. Checked it yesterday it had over 800 photos and still 100% batt. life. All new cams of mine will be Moultrie! Have fun!

Sashimi Slammer
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
8/24/13 4:19 AM CST
Picked an M-990i up from Midwestern Shooters Supply last night and set it up in the garage. No unwanted sound and no light visible. Video is okay but had it on low setting and will most likely use in still mode as video takes too much memory. Using Energizer for now with leftover 2gb cards from the old Moultries. It will be neat to listen to the sound when in video mode.

lookn' 4 PnY
See Profile
8/19/13 7:01 AM CST
That would be a question to ask Moultrie. I doubt you can because a faster shutter speed would make the picture much darker. Might be a happy medium there.

PntrRookie
See Profile
8/18/13 9:52 AM CST
Side note/question on the Moultries...especially the D-333 (I went the economical route)...

Is there a way to adjust the shutter speed for a faster capture?

I tested it at home for 2+ days and like the pict quality, BUT the images of me or a dog or something walking through the area, are blurred due to motion. Just wondering if there is a way to adjust the shutter speed for a quicker capture.

Sorry Whistling Gull for derailing your thread ;)

[This post was last edited on 8/18/13 at 9:53 AM]
Whistling Gull
Whistling Gull
8/16/13 10:08 AM CST
Just placed my order, Amazon was out of stock so I don’t have any firsthand experience yet.

While researching Cams I did read about the noise problem and read somewhere there was a fix you could download to the unit, I did talk to a gentleman that has the 990i and he states you cannot see the glow on the 990i’s

Sashimi Slammer
See Profile
8/13/13 2:27 PM CST
Have you noticed any sound that the camera makes when going to infared mode? Also, can you see the infrared lighting in the dark? My last Moultries made this horrendous clicking sound when it moved the lens over and the deer would always spook. Leaning towards the high end Reconyx as all three of the Moultrie displays are shot and I can't set them up.

Whistling Gull
Whistling Gull
8/3/13 3:50 PM CST
Thanks Shed:

Planning on using, Sanyo Eneloop AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries With the La Crosse Technology Alpha Power Battery Charger, BC1000

Card: Transcend 16GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS16GSDHC10E

WG

[This post was last edited on 8/3/13 at 3:53 PM]
shedhunter
See Profile
8/3/13 1:50 PM CST
I have a 990i. so far i am impressed by the pic quality, a couple down falls i have noticed after about 2000 pics i am down to 56% battery life already,energizer alkaline, and when im going thru them on the laptop it seems to take longer then normal to download all the pics, im guessing because i have it at 10mp that it takes longer, i plan to back it down to the 5mp option to see if it speeds things up. Good camera for the money, could never go wrong with an M80 though--shed

Saronafish
Saronafish
8/1/13 7:53 AM CST
Shot the buck in the black and white picture opening day of gun season. Scored 137 3/8" gross. It was one of the bigger bucks we had on camera for the public land area we hunt.

I would say get one of the upper end Moultrie M880 or better and you will be very happy with the pictures you get.

Threw in a few more M-80 pictures for you as well.

Whistling Gull
Whistling Gull
7/31/13 8:25 AM CST
Thanks FISH

BTW Did you get that buck:

WG

Saronafish
Saronafish
7/31/13 7:52 AM CST
The M-80 (the older M-880) is an amazing camera. 3 out of my 5 cameras are M-80's and I love them. I get 2,000 to 4,000 pictures on a set of batteries. Picture quality is great!

Here are a couple M-80 pictures from last year and this year. I would think the M990 would have as good or better pictures.

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick Baitmate

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook