SEARCH
MORE
Fly Fishing

what do you think of this fly rod??

3/25/15 @ 6:15 PM
INITIAL POST
mostlyfishing
User since 6/7/13
I was thinking about get the TFO Lefty Kreh Signature II Fly Rods in a 9wt and i planed on using it for pike, steelhead, and salmon. I was wonder if you have used this rod what do you think of it?? and what are the pro's and con's of it. If you use a different rod what is it and do you like it.. my budget is around 140ish. Thank you in advanced
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
4/4/15 @ 10:41 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
They are fine rods for the money, and should work just fine for your application. You might want to check out the Echo Rods as well, designed by Tim Rajeff, they should be in that price range as well. The Fly Fishers in Milwaukee has the Echo's if you want to cast one prior to purchasing it. Take a look at the Solo or Ion Rod. Ask for Pat or Jared.. http://www.theflyfishers.com/fly-shop-categories.asp?id=62
3/26/15 @ 11:47 PM
hallpass
User since 7/6/01
I have an axiom 7 wt for bass and a 9/10 Esox for musky. Both favorites for that type of fishing. If you want primarily a salmon/steelhead rod for smaller tributary streams you'll be fine, but might have issues picking up heavier pike flies on lakes. No good forward cast starts with an open loop backcast...distance-wise anyway. You might look for one with a faster action if pike is mostly what you are after. TFO are great rods with a good selection to choose from and the best warranty out there.
3/26/15 @ 7:57 PM
RockRiverTom
User since 4/27/02
Although I've never cast this model, I own one TFO rod. They're nice rods for the money, and should do what youre looking for.
3/26/15 @ 3:56 PM
freemason
User since 3/26/15
I use an old Berkely 7/8 weight from Walmart, about $30 bucks back then. Yeah, its a cheapy entry level but it chucks ou pike flies just fine. I find you don't need a heck of a lot of finesse
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE