SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Big Jon dual mast pulleys

8/3/15 @ 6:33 AM
INITIAL POST
fishinnutinwis
User since 12/26/01
Big jon dual planer mast..have had to replace the top pulleys because of groove getting cut into them from the planer line and now after only two trips out the bottom guides of pulleys are getting grooves cut again... Is this normal? doesnt seem right and at 20 bucks apiece to replace is going to get ridiculous.. I believe i have set up correctly with line from skis going in below connecting point at bottom corner - up over small pulley and back down again under the connecting pin on opposite corner to main line spool..using regular orange planer board line... how can i avoid this from happening ? Doing something wrong? Thanks for any advice...
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
8/14/15 @ 8:39 PM
fishinnutinwis
User since 12/26/01
They seem pretty similiar except your pulleys look to be mounted horizontal and mine are just hanging down..Other big jon mast are like mine. wish i could post a pic , going to see if i can get one of my kids to come over and help me do that... might help in getting an answer, thanks.
8/3/15 @ 7:08 PM
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
User since 7/14/07
I've been using Rivera dual mast for years without any trouble so far. Here is the site were I bought mine and if you want you can see if they are basically made the same. http://www.rivieratrolling.com/planner_board_masts.html I would think something is wrong with the one you have but, I've been wrong before. Hope this helps.
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE