SEARCH
MORE
Dogs & Dog Training

Dog Smell

12/22/11 @ 12:38 PM
INITIAL POST
duckwidow
User since 11/12/05

I have a red fox lab and it only takes one day after a bath for her to start to smell again.  I know I can't give her a bath too often as I would remove too much of her natural oils.  I am still using some shampoo I bought for her as a puppy last year.  Any ideas on how to make my dog smell normal?  Thanks

Displaying 16 to 19 of 19 posts
12/27/11 @ 12:05 PM
duckwidow
User since 11/12/05

I feed her Loyal brand dog food.  Sorry, never looked at the protein source but will check tonight.  As far as skin irritation, she does itch a lot.  Not fleas as I am religious about putting her flea and tick frontline on.  She does get wet quite a bit but even when dry, she has some odor.

12/23/11 @ 8:19 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

What food are you feeding and what is the protien source?

12/22/11 @ 1:23 PM
lookn
lookn' 4 PnY
User since 7/15/05

Have you confirmed your dog does not have a skin infection?   If you have not see your vet.  Ears can be a source of odor if your dog gets wet frequently.  I use Ketochlor which is a medicated shampoo that kills any bacteria when my dog smells.  I get it from the vet.  Dogs smell for a reason, you just have to find out why.

Displaying 16 to 19 of 19 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE