SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

WABASKANG LAKE PERRAULT FALLS, ONTARIO

6/9/02 @ 9:34 PM
INITIAL POST
SIX PACK
User since 2/10/02
FISHED FIRST WEEK OF JUNE BEST FISHING IN ALL THE YEARS WE WENT. WALLEYES WERE IN 2 TO 8 FEET OF WATER 1/8 OZ. WHITE JIGS WORKED BEST. WALLEYES FROM 12 TO 27 INCHES BUT ONLY 1 OVER 18 INCHES ADAY MAY BE KEPT. LAKE TROUT WERE ACTIVE BEST WAS A 12 POUNDER. GOOD LUCK SIXPACK

Displaying 46 to 60 of 1,100 posts
5/10/17 @ 3:31 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

You guys please post how you do. What depths and presentation. Thanks.

5/10/17 @ 11:38 AM
bubrave04
User since 5/10/17

I'll be up there the same week at Tall Pines. From the looks of their facebook page and blog the ice is out already.

4/26/17 @ 5:43 PM
Smallmouth1
User since 5/1/05

According to Sleepy Dog...ice is out.

4/26/17 @ 3:21 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

I usually watch Jim and Julis wabaskang camp news report and looked this am and he hasnt posted since Decemeber.  He usually posts as ice breaks up.

4/26/17 @ 11:30 AM
goosepnd
User since 5/17/15

Headed to Wabaskang over Memorial Day weekend and following week at Tall Pines.  Time approaching quick.  Anyone heard what ice is doing? Hope weather holds better than it is around the states so far this spring with rain, wind, and storms.

9/22/16 @ 9:16 PM
ColoradoMS
User since 5/22/15

Rancher,

Glad you had a good trip!  We went last year but really struggled to find fish so we went back to "Ole Faithfull" Lac Seul this year.  Did you portage over to Wine Lake?  That portage and river voyage was a blast and something I'll never forget.  We found some fast action for about 1 hour at the Wine Lake entrance for the 2 days we went over.  Tight Lines my friend.

9/19/16 @ 2:52 PM
Rancher
User since 2/21/02

Fished out of Peffley's the week of September 10th,  the weather cooperated for the most part.  We had a little rain a few days, but no high winds that you can get this time of year.  Fishing was consistent for Perch and Walleye.  Wife outfished me as usual catching a 14.25" perch this year and a 23"  walleye.  Caught a lot of walleyes 14" to 17".  Wierd summer and fall weather has scattered the fish, no real pattern to them.   Caught fish from 15' to 35', jigs crawler and/or minnow both worked.  Came home with our 4 person limit of Perch and Walleyes.  Camp was excellent, great service.  Fish cleaning house is the best I have ever saw.  Boats have all been upgraded in the last year or 2.

8/22/16 @ 7:13 AM
czar312
User since 8/19/14

Just returned from Wabaskang Saturday night after 6 days at Sleepy Dog Cabins. Fishing was good but you really had to work for them. Water temperature was in the mid to low 70's.

Most fish were caught on crawler harnesses, some on whistler jigs. Preferred color was orange followed by chartreuse. Silver rattletraps took the smallmouths.

Booked next years trip for last week of August.

7/31/16 @ 7:59 AM
Rancher
User since 2/21/02

Come on guys I know a bunch of Lake-Linkers have had to have fished Wabaskang lately, please let us know how you did, weather lake levels etc...

I will be up with a small group to Peffley's the week of September 10th and will provide a full report upon return  

7/19/16 @ 9:36 PM
czar312
User since 8/19/14

any reports since Coos or Percheye....going in a month, just curious?

7/11/16 @ 10:11 PM
coosabass2011
coosabass2011
PRO MEMBER User since 12/22/08

Just a shout out to Steve and Andrea at Tall Pines Camp... you guys were great and we really enjoyed our time there.  I'd recommend your camp to anyone (actually already have to one guy I work with).  We'll be back!

7/11/16 @ 10:05 PM
coosabass2011
coosabass2011
PRO MEMBER User since 12/22/08
Fished Wabaskang from 7/3 - 7/8, enjoyed the lake and Tall Pines Camp. Fishing was just average, weather didn't help. Caught lots of norts, a few smallmouth. Fished out of the kayaks a couple of days, out of a regular boat the rest of the time. The size of the water and the wind made the boat the better choice. Altogether an enjoyable week, we'll be back.
7/8/16 @ 6:30 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Hey Ernie

How did you do? Did you get a boat or paddle? How did you like Tall Pines?

7/6/16 @ 5:39 PM
czar312
User since 8/19/14

going next month...hope it simmers down, Looking forward to the trip!

7/3/16 @ 12:34 PM
hockeybob
User since 4/20/11

Fished Wabby 6/25-7/2. Fishing was average. Lots of fronts. Hot n windy one day then cold and rainy the next. Fish were clearly in or on weed edge. They were not on rock points. Never could find concentrations. One here, one there. The "hotel" was probably most consistent in the evenings. 1/8 oz jig with 1/2 crawler or minnow. Spinners with crawler. Snake Northerns were always around and small perch constantly stole your crawler. Frustrating at times. Bring lots of jigs. Between bite offs and snags, I was getting low at end of week. Great times as always. Looking forward already to next year.

Displaying 46 to 60 of 1,100 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE